Don't forget to visit Fabulosity Reads Book Blog

Jun 28, 2011

DL Atha on Luminary Wednesdays

Posted by Fabulosity  |  at  10:59 PM

On my first Luminary Wednesday I have published author DL Atha on the hot seat. I have high hopes for for this platform. I imagine that many a NY Times bestselling authors in the making will be features on this blog and those who already are there, will tell us how they did it. Without further ado, I hand it over to Blood Reactions Author.

Delilah tell us about yourself in no more than 15 words.
I'm a doctor turned writer, mother of three, with some crazy stories in my head.

You have an outrageously fantastic novel out at the moment, Blood Reaction; tell us a little about your book.
Blood Reaction is the story of a single female physician who suffers a supernatural home invasion.  In order to survive, she has to dig deep inside of her self and her medical training to save not only her own life but her only child's as well.  It's a story of the love of a mother for her child as well as betrayal and the budding of romance.

Blood reaction is a vampire novel that has a very strong medical theme, what made you decide on that route?
As a physician, I see things first as a scientist and I can certainly see the possibilities of what is "paranormal" now as "science" in the future.  Plus it's easier to write about the familiar.

Blood Reaction is also the first in a series, what can we look forward to next?
Annalice, the main character, has to face her new future in the second installment.  She was somehwat judgemental in some ways of Asa, the vampire. She's about to find out that this life is not as easy as she thought.  Plus she meets a hot new vampire!!

I recently started and stopped reading a book after the first ten pages because there was one  event involving so many characters I couldn’t keep track of what’s going on and who’s telling the story. One of the things I loved most about your writing is how tightly knit the plot is, you introduce just the right amount of detail at just the right time and your characters used sparingly for a specific purpose and the result to me is an uncluttered novel.....I’d like you tell us a bit about your writing style.
With Blood Reaction, I really wanted the reader to feel the isolation of the main character.  To feel as though they were right there in that farmhouse.  I never truly described her physical  appearance so that they reader would picture themselves or someone to whom they could relate.

I saw in your book blog.ning page that you enjoy reading vampire novels so much you created a group for fellow vamp fiction lovers , what is it about this genre that appeals has such appeal for you?
The legends of the vampire are deep and have long historical ties.  I find them fascinating on all levels.  I've done extensive research and the more I learn about the legends, the more I want to learn.


What other styles do you write in?
I also write some medical non-paranormal thrillers but paranormal is my favorite

Tell us about your WIP and what stage of writing you’re in.
I'm currently working on a Russian-Alaskan Vampire tale.  I'm really enjoying the storyline that's in my head.

How do you deal with writer’s block?
When I have writer's block, it is essential that I have time to myself.  Just to think and imagine.  I do alot of verbal role playing out loud with my characters, which I'm sure sounds strange, but it really helps.
Answer the following:
  • One of my happiest memories is......
My happiest moment was my first horse ride.  Such freedom, such liberation!
  • My singular eccentricity is......
I have to leave one swallow in my glass of whatever I'm drinking.  I have no idea why.
  • I am most productive when......
I'm stressed and sleep deprived.
  • I can’t stand.....
Seeing food go to waste.
  • Writers who have influenced my life and writing are (and why)....
I have always wanted to have the ability to make a character be so memorable that the reader would feel like they actually knew that person.  Margaret Mitchell only wrote one book but after I read it, I would have sworn Scarlett O'Hara had been my next door neighbour.  That is talent!!

Where can we find your book?
Amazon in kindle and paperback.  Barnes and Noble.com, Smashwords, and any book store that order from Ingram.

Fabulosity Reads will be hosting a Book Give Away for you from tomorrow, what can the readers expect to stand a chance to win?
I’ll be giving away 5 paperback copies for US and Canadian residents, 5 Kindle and 3 Smashworks for international entrants so please come by again tomorrow.
Blood Reaction A Vampire Novel
Buy this book.

About the Author

Most know me as the author to Fabulosity Reads and in actual fact, that is the previous name of this blog. I have since then moved my books to a Wordpress self-hosted blog so that I can have a place to show a different side of me which I am equally passionate about and that is marketing and personal development. I hope you will love being here, watching me grow as I share and learn. My highest hope is that we will grown and learn together in all disciplines affecting our lives. I'd LUUURRRVE to hear from you, so don't be shy...

4 comments:

  1. nice interview, enjoyed reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting interview. I like that there's a medical aspect in the novel. Gonna tweet this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Snide and LJ and an extra one JL thanks for tweeting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interview. Has me thinking about the appeal of vampire novels in general.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you....

Subscribe
Get our latest posts directly in your email inbox.

What they says

Contact information

Email: Wendy.Ewurum@fabulosityreads.com Tel: 071 087 4833 South Africa Twitter: twitter.com/FabulosityReads Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fabmarketingandpr
Proudly Powered by Blogger.
back to top