Don't forget to visit Fabulosity Reads Book Blog

Jun 20, 2011

Review Guide/T&C's

Posted by Fabulosity  |  at  10:41 PM


 
Authors/Publishers/Publicists
I review books sent to me by yourselves as a non-profit activity. As this is currently purely a hobby I do not guarantee a review once I have received a book and neither do I guarantee a positive review as a result of having received a free copy. What I do guarantee is an honest assessment of your book in terms of entertainment value, character and plot development and editorial accuracy of final version.  If you would like me to review a book, host a blog tour, conduct an author interview/guest blog post on my blog, run a promotion or giveaway, please email me at Fabulosityreads@gmail.com. I endeavour to reply within 76 hours to confirm whether or not I accept the request for any of the aforementioned.

Preferences
  • At my discretion I will review: Young Adult, Teen, Romance, Comedy, Historical, Chick Lit, Christian, Suspense & Thrillers, Biographies, and Fantasy and General fiction genres.
  • I will consider reviewing books from nonfiction genres on a book-by-book basis.
  • I accept finished copies, ARCs (I never sell ARCs I receive), and bound Galleys electronic galleys, PDF copies of books.
  • Occasionally I will accept independently-published books on a limited basis due to editorial inaccuracies.
  • I do not review books containing homosexual, manga, horror, science fiction and erotica themes.
 Review Schedule
I keep a review schedule within which your requested review will fall, should you be having the book released soon I will post the review on the release date as I think it quite unfair to the reader to review a book that is not available for purchase. If the book I am reviewing is part of a blog tour, I will always post the review on the assigned date. 
Owing to the fact that this is a hobby I cannot always guarantee a specific turnaround time but I will try to get back to you within a reasonable time and will always notify you via email where and when the review can be found.

Giveaways, Interviews & Guest Blog Posts
I enjoy giving my blog readers bonuses so if a copy of the book I review can be available for a giveaway contest or if the author can do an email interview with me or write a guest blog post, it would be a great plus! However, I will still do a book review even if those are not available. I will not give an author interview if I have not read a book by the author.

Ratings
I read books that appeal to me only as so it is my hope that everyone I chose will be one worthy of a good rating but this will not necessarily be so as the rating will reflect my critique and opinion in order to help the reader make an informed decision about the purchase of your book.
I rate the books using a scale of 1 to 5 with 1 meaning that the book has no redeeming qualities and I had to slog through it and 5 meaning that this book makes it to the top 50 to read before you die and you will probably read it at least 5 more times before then. My rating table can be found on the sidebar to the right. 

Terms and Conditions:
  • By requesting a book review or an author interview/guest blog post from me, you agree to the following terms and conditions.
  • I am under no obligation to perform a book review, host a blog tour or conduct an author interview/guest blog post unless I agree.
  • I get my books from a variety of sources, most I buy, some from authors and publishers, others from the library but in all I promise reviews based on my honest opinions and I do not promise a positive review of a book.
  • All my book ratings are based on my personal opinions. I do not promise a favourable rating. Again, I anticipate that your book will appeal to me and that I will like it but should this not be the case I will be honest in my assessment.
  • You, as the author publisher or publicist, are welcome to use the whole review or 'snippets' on your website, e-book or promotional material as long as my blog is referenced, and if possible please let me know you have made use of it.
  • I reserve the right to edit, post, share and delete any reviews
  • I am not responsible or legally liable over any damage(s) arising from any of my book reviews.
Request Submission:
I require the following:
  • A complimentary copy of the book which can be e-mailed, provided as a Amazon gift or through the use of a coupon. Hardcopies can be mailed to: Wendy G. Ewurum, Po Box 201, Welobie, 1714, South Africa
  • A summary of the book including information on the genre
  • An optional summary of you as the author
  • Any optional discount being offered to readers in the interest of promoting your book
  • A link to where your book can be purchased.
 In turn I will provide:
  • A brief book blurb
  • A picture of the cover
  • An honest review and rating posted on the forums listed below.
  • A link to where readers can purchase the book, please be advised that the link may be to my commission generating affiliate account on Amazon or Kalahari.net.
  • I will post my review on this blog, BookBlog.Ning, Net Galley and Book Reads  and upon request may  also post a snippet of the review on Amazon and Barnes and Nobles.
I thank you for reading my policy and hope to hear from you soon. For any further inquiries, please email me at fabulosityreads@gmail.com. Happy writing!

I thank SugarPeach and Tome of the Soul whose Review policies were instrumental in the development  of this Review Guide /T&C’s directly and indirectly.

Tagged as:
About the Author

Most know me as the author to Fabulosity Reads and in actual fact, that is the previous name of this blog. I have since then moved my books to a Wordpress self-hosted blog so that I can have a place to show a different side of me which I am equally passionate about and that is marketing and personal development. I hope you will love being here, watching me grow as I share and learn. My highest hope is that we will grown and learn together in all disciplines affecting our lives. I'd LUUURRRVE to hear from you, so don't be shy...

0 WORDS OF THE WISE...:

I love hearing from you....

Subscribe
Get our latest posts directly in your email inbox.

What they says

Contact information

Email: Wendy.Ewurum@fabulosityreads.com Tel: 071 087 4833 South Africa Twitter: twitter.com/FabulosityReads Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fabmarketingandpr
Proudly Powered by Blogger.
back to top