Don't forget to visit Fabulosity Reads Book Blog

Aug 23, 2011

A MOMENT OF LOVE........AND DEATH

Posted by Wendy Ewurum  |  at  8:58 AM

First an Update:
Friends recently my schedule's been out of wack but if you look at my newly published calender, HERE you will see all planned book reviews, interviews, guest blogs for September onwards.Planned Events

I am also preparing to post an interview I did with the world renowned Australian Pianist, Fiona Hawkins who has just completed, as she wrote to me "a whole pile" of concerts in the US and is now set to start another 6 week tour of Australia. So if you are into beyond the imagination beautiful music then please tune in to hear more about her Jazz, Classical and New Age music.This will be published this Thursday on my social blog, Fabulosity Nouveau,  as it is not book related.

I have a new Facebook Page for this blog and its looking forlorn for lack of company so please either LIKE ME HERE or befriend me on the badge to your right. There's also a Networkedblogs widget further down. I hope to see you there soon.

Love by any other name........#2
And now at last to today's topic topic. I just want to put it out there that I love Roland Yeomans. He is a gentleman, word magician, brainy and humorous. What more could you ask for really other than a six pack (which I suspect he might have if he grew up ranching), good looks, a billion dollar account to sweeten the deal? (The last two I suppose I'll never know being as mysterious as he is). Problem: he seems to be obsessed with that femme fatale whose name I will not mention, you can go to his blog to see for yourself. Something Fox. To him she seems to be the goddess on who all female form is based but to tell you the truth, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder and  me beholds a haggish countenance. Check her out, you'll see what I mean. All long nosed and warty faced.........

Roland shares the following before he's excerpt from his book Black Roses In Avalon : 
{Blake and Fallen have just arrived in the lethal beauty of Avalon. Fallen is spent from her earlier ordeals. The two seek a place where they might rest with the shelter of a lush green slope behind them. Fallen lays slumbering as Blake sits protectively beside her.} 


A MOMENT OF LOVE.....AND DEATH
The moon had risen just enough to send a shaft of its light through the umbrella of oak branches above us. A diffused glow of icy white lanced down to caress Fallen's face in a shimmering halo. And suddenly, she looked as angelic and pure as an angel. My heart seemed to grow and burn within me. I loved her so. Her eyelids flickered apart slightly, and she smiled dreamily up at me.

"Who needs a campfire," she murmured, "when thy love burns so bright beside me?"

Reaching out with her right hand, she softly touched mine, never taking her gleaming, mysterious eyes off me. “To find something, one must picture it first in one’s mind. No wonder I could never find love, for I had yet to see thee.”

I forced my lips to whisper, “I am an orphan, Fallen. A pauper. I have nothing worthy of thee to give.”

“Just love me, Blake. Simply love me, and I wilt be the richest Sidhe in all Avalon.”

“That’s a given, Fallen.”

She wrinkled her nose like a rabbit. “Oh, I knew that.”

Then, she laughed in her sleepy, impish way and shifted just enough to nestle her head in my lap. And just like that, she was asleep again. And I felt the richest orphan in all the world.

I don’t know how long I sat there with her head resting in my lap. I could have sat there for eternity and never regretted a second of it. After a time, I gingerly reached out and stroked her soft, velvet hair, careful not to mess up its intricate knots and weaves. Instead of waking up, Fallen just wiggled and started purring like a lost kitten having found home.

I stiffened just a bit. Home. I smiled. I had found home again. And it wasn’t Avalon. It was Fallen. I was home. And it felt wonderful.

I just sat there as the minutes flowed into hours and soaked up the peace and contentment I had thought would never be mine again.

As I sat there, trying to burn this scene, this moment, this feeling so deep into my heart and mind that I would never forget it, something white in the corner of my eye moved slightly. I went stiff, fear shooting across my chest. I turned my head slowly so as to not draw attention to the fact that I had spotted what was approaching. And then, I saw her.

The White Lady of Montaigu.

The slayer of all lovers who crossed her path.
***

About the Author

Most know me as the author to Fabulosity Reads and in actual fact, that is the previous name of this blog. I have since then moved my books to a Wordpress self-hosted blog so that I can have a place to show a different side of me which I am equally passionate about and that is marketing and personal development. I hope you will love being here, watching me grow as I share and learn. My highest hope is that we will grown and learn together in all disciplines affecting our lives. I'd LUUURRRVE to hear from you, so don't be shy...

3 comments:

  1. Blogger seems to be kicking me off a great many Followers lists lately. I joined up on yours once again. It is a terrible thing to be hated by Blogger!

    I use poor Megan Fox's and Angelina Jolie's photos since so many think of them as the paragons of beauty. But I have had a crush on Cate Blanchett ever since LORD OF THE RINGS and her Galadrial role. And Michelle Monaghan has not only beauty but eyes that sparkle with humor and wit.

    I would write of your beauty and wit, but many would accuse me of flattery ... yet it is not flattery if it is true!

    Alas, for me, the massive fortune is yet to come. LOL.

    Thank you for your very kind spotlight. Fallen thanks you as well. And it's always nice to have the favor of a fae!

    You have been busy in building your artistic platform. I am sincerely impressed! I wish you and all your visitors nothing but the greatest of suceess in your publication dreams. Roland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its always a pleasure to have you here Roland. I do have hopes that this blog will one day become something to be reckoned with and I will have to do something about getting you here too, to add credibility t my writer guest list...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Roland, hi Wendy. This is a wonderful excerpt Roland. What a place to leave us. Smart guy. I'm pleased to see two of your crushes are Australian! Hope for the colonies yet!

    Denise

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you....

Subscribe
Get our latest posts directly in your email inbox.

What they says

Contact information

Email: Wendy.Ewurum@fabulosityreads.com Tel: 071 087 4833 South Africa Twitter: twitter.com/FabulosityReads Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fabmarketingandpr
Proudly Powered by Blogger.
back to top