Don't forget to visit Fabulosity Reads Book Blog

Aug 1, 2011

Skulduggery Pleasant

Posted by Wendy Ewurum  |  at  7:48 AM

First off let me apologise to my son and his readers. I'm running behind this week because I didn't publish his review on Saturday morning. And secondly to my new blog friends, my son reviews a book that he's read for that week and we publish the review on Saturday. He gets $2 (approx. R14) as a part time job and I get him to spend more time reading and get an opportunity to coach his writing skills. At this point progress is slow (i.t.o writing) but I have faith things will improve.

So where you, his audience, comes in is where you give him some feedback to either improve his review or writing skills. I also think it would be a great idea if you have kids his age group (12)  to encourage them to read his reviews. They may just start recommending books to one another. Without further ado, here is last Saturday's review.

Mortal Coil (Import) (Skulduggery Pleasant # 5)
By Derek Landy

This Story Is About:
Skulduggery Pleasant is about a 180 year old man or skeleton, who takes his job very seriously. His partner is not only his sidekick but he is also her guardian. Besides being a detective he is also a magician. In this story he tries to stop an old villain that he arrested 80 years. The old villain is now out of prison and is trying to awaken the Face less ones, evil gods that showed no mercy and were the biggest danger the earth could ever have. He has to go to various monsters like vampires  for help and during the adventure he meets new friends.

What I liked About This Book:
It is mostly about detective work so I liked it. I mostly watch detective movies and it is almost the only thing me and my mom watch together that’s why I love this book. And since it involves magic it also gets better because that’s my other favourite thing to watch.

Could Anything Be Made Better?:
It needs no upgrading, it is so perfect that if I was stuck on an island this is the book I would read.


Written By: TIMOTHY EWURUM
If you'd like me to review your book contact me @: Timewurum@gmail.com

About the Author

Most know me as the author to Fabulosity Reads and in actual fact, that is the previous name of this blog. I have since then moved my books to a Wordpress self-hosted blog so that I can have a place to show a different side of me which I am equally passionate about and that is marketing and personal development. I hope you will love being here, watching me grow as I share and learn. My highest hope is that we will grown and learn together in all disciplines affecting our lives. I'd LUUURRRVE to hear from you, so don't be shy...

4 comments:

  1. Great review, Timothy. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Great review!
    Thanks, Timothy! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your feedback I think when you read it you will enjoy it very much. From Timothy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh Timonthy, a skeleton or man, evil gods and various monsters like vampires...Sounds like a dangerous read! You packed alot into a nice short review, excellent work! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you....

Subscribe
Get our latest posts directly in your email inbox.

What they says

Contact information

Email: Wendy.Ewurum@fabulosityreads.com Tel: 071 087 4833 South Africa Twitter: twitter.com/FabulosityReads Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fabmarketingandpr
Proudly Powered by Blogger.
back to top