Don't forget to visit Fabulosity Reads Book Blog

Sep 30, 2011

Bluebells by Tirzah Goodwin

Posted by Wendy Ewurum  |  at  7:50 PM

I couldn't help myself, I had to post again today after reading this poem which I may get sued for copying over here without asking for permission but then again she'd be suing me for every cent I don't have.

I just came across another phenomenal poet, Tirzah Goodwin that I'm sure everyone except me knew about. I fell head over heels with her Bluebell poemswhen I went by her website today. Some of you who have been following me for sometime, even from FabNouveau, may have picked up on my proclivity for evocative death poems. I got the same chills and excitement reading this as I did with Rupert Brooke's Dead Man's Love and Emily Dickinson's Because I Could Not Stop For Death, or maybe a tad bit more.

This is absolutely epic, you are so talented Tirzah its ridiculous. 
For more on Tirzah's Poetry head on over to Tirzah Laughs
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bury me 
where bluebells grow,
bury me where wild dogs go,
where the rain laughs 
over leaves that shimmer green,
where rivers glint, clear and clean,
Oh, that's where to bury me...

In crushed velvet shadows,
struck with copper shards of sun.
Here, at last, I'll come undone
My hair unbraided
My lips unpainted,
My cool flesh so natural,
and now untainted.

Here I'll be merry, so merry,
my joy will grow like a seed,
I'll bloom in bluebells
and yellow dandelion weeds.
I'll be lovely, so lovely,
wild and viciously free,
Yes there, oh there 
you can bury me.

Tagged as:
About the Author

Most know me as the author to Fabulosity Reads and in actual fact, that is the previous name of this blog. I have since then moved my books to a Wordpress self-hosted blog so that I can have a place to show a different side of me which I am equally passionate about and that is marketing and personal development. I hope you will love being here, watching me grow as I share and learn. My highest hope is that we will grown and learn together in all disciplines affecting our lives. I'd LUUURRRVE to hear from you, so don't be shy...

14 comments:

  1. One of my few heavily rhymed poems but I wanted to give the topic a sense of joy. Sometimes it feels like life is the burden and death is the reward. Dunno. I tried to infuse this poem with a sort of dark joy.

    I wouldn't say it was typical of my poetry though---lol...a bit more formal that normal. But you can post it. It matches your little blue twitter bird.

    :)

    I actually meant to take that website down because it's so outdated...perhaps I should just update it instead. I spend more time on my blog than that site.

    I'm glad you liked one of my poems. I find that being a good poet is like being a good juggler, if your not in the circus no one really cares. :)

    Tirz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Update the site Tirz, you do so many things on your blog your poems will just get lost or they have already done so because you can see i went elsewhere to spot this one. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendy,

    Tirz left you a comment after the one you left. She's one of those people who is gifted in several areas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Tirz. I've known her for a long time and she's an amazing poet, writer and helper. Thanks for sharing this with the world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful, wonderful words. Thanks you for sharing, Wendy. And thanks to Tirzah for writing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to end up with a big head sitting around the house telling myself I'm wonderful. Nah, it'll never happen..I still have family to give me an ego check.

    LOLOLOLOL.

    I am glad you enjoyed my poem.

    Tirz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wendy I emailed you a kindle version of my poetry book but don't back on that nos email. I rarely check it.

    I sent you some other stuff from my regular email tirzahlou@yahoo.com

    Tirz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome. That was gorgeous---thanks for sharing. Have you ever heard/read this one:
    Funeral Blues? Gets me crying every time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. P.S. Tizrah, I felt the dark joy. Death is definitely the reward, and you completely captured that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your site and nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award. http://egr8.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ellie you're the greatest, no doubt. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you....

Subscribe
Get our latest posts directly in your email inbox.

What they says

Contact information

Email: Wendy.Ewurum@fabulosityreads.com Tel: 071 087 4833 South Africa Twitter: twitter.com/FabulosityReads Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fabmarketingandpr
Proudly Powered by Blogger.
back to top