Don't forget to visit Fabulosity Reads Book Blog

Sep 2, 2011

When I Have Fears That I May Cease To Be....

Posted by Wendy Ewurum  |  at  6:05 AM

Newsflash:
Today is my first blog feature. I am hosted by the ever gracious, ever fabulous Rhonda at OE Books. I can't wait to see you there, she makes me sound so hot. I just love her.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




I have had no time to indulge in my favourite pastime because life and bloggging are giving no room for pause. But when I caught a glimse of a John Keats feature on TV two days ago, that was it. He's decided to stick around in my head,insisting that I no longer ignore him and his contemporaries. So here he is ladies and gentleman. John Keats.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHEN I have fears that I may cease to be  
Before my pen has glean'd my teeming brain,  
Before high pil`d books, in charact'ry,  
Hold like rich garners the full-ripen'd grain;  
When I behold, upon the night's starr'd face,         
Huge cloudy symbols of a high romance,  
And feel that I may never live to trace  
Their shadows, with the magic hand of chance;  
And when I feel, fair creature of an hour!  
That I shall never look upon thee more,  
Never have relish in the faery power  
Of unreflecting love;—then on the shore  
  Of the wide world I stand alone, and think,  
  Till Love and Fame to nothingness do sink.


Tagged as: ,
About the Author

Most know me as the author to Fabulosity Reads and in actual fact, that is the previous name of this blog. I have since then moved my books to a Wordpress self-hosted blog so that I can have a place to show a different side of me which I am equally passionate about and that is marketing and personal development. I hope you will love being here, watching me grow as I share and learn. My highest hope is that we will grown and learn together in all disciplines affecting our lives. I'd LUUURRRVE to hear from you, so don't be shy...

14 comments:

  1. I popped over and left a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a picture! Hello from a fellow Campaigner. =) The fact that you know Talli only makes me want to follow you more. Eat cheese eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that poem. Did it for O level (age 15 exams) That was a long time ago. It's amazing that I can still remember it. Good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous poem. One I hadn't read before. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the poem! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You inspired me for my weekly poetry post. Check it out: http://letsbookit.blogspot.com/2011/09/poetry-moment.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wendy - your giveaway prize is officially in the mail. I don't know how long it will take to get there, though. You are a long way from Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! It will take three months but I'm excited already Dana. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Wendy, I'm Richard, a new follower via Rachael's platform-building campaign. I looked over you blog a bit and like what I see. I'll look at more of it as time goes on.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for coming by Sharon and the follow. Your blog's great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Wendy, nice to meet you. Popped in for a visit. We are in the same fiction campaign group. Love Keats too. Looking forward to reading more here. Have a wonderful Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fellow campaigner here - we're in the same adult fiction group. I write just about everything - from PBs on up to adults. Looking forward to getting better acquainted!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you....

Subscribe
Get our latest posts directly in your email inbox.

What they says

Contact information

Email: Wendy.Ewurum@fabulosityreads.com Tel: 071 087 4833 South Africa Twitter: twitter.com/FabulosityReads Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fabmarketingandpr
Proudly Powered by Blogger.
back to top