Don't forget to visit Fabulosity Reads Book Blog

Oct 21, 2011

Don't Go Far....by Pablo Neruda

Posted by Wendy Ewurum  |  at  1:15 AM


Pablo Neruda is one of my top favorite poets because I always think of him as a "feel good poet", it must be all that romantic content in his poems. My favourite of his is The Queen but today I thought I'd share another of his I really enjoy as well.  I always feel refreshed and hopeful after reading Pablo, so much so I named my favourite horse after him (picture to the left). My Pablo always makes me think of the real Pablo.




Don't go far off, not even for a day, because -- 
because -- I don't know how to say it: a day is long 
and I will be waiting for you, as in an empty station 
when the trains are parked off somewhere else, asleep. 


Don't leave me, even for an hour, because 
then the little drops of anguish will all run together, 
the smoke that roams looking for a home will drift 
into me, choking my lost heart. 

Oh, may your silhouette never dissolve on the beach; 
may your eyelids never flutter into the empty distance. 
Don't leave me for a second, my dearest, 

because in that moment you'll have gone so far 
I'll wander mazily over all the earth, asking, 
Will you come back? Will you leave me here, dying? 

Tagged as:
About the Author

Most know me as the author to Fabulosity Reads and in actual fact, that is the previous name of this blog. I have since then moved my books to a Wordpress self-hosted blog so that I can have a place to show a different side of me which I am equally passionate about and that is marketing and personal development. I hope you will love being here, watching me grow as I share and learn. My highest hope is that we will grown and learn together in all disciplines affecting our lives. I'd LUUURRRVE to hear from you, so don't be shy...

4 comments:

  1. To have someone feel that they are dying for the lack of you...

    It's almost a fairy tale...one I want to believe.

    Tirz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh. I love me some Neruda. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tirz. I know right?
    Lydia. It is always a pleasure to put one of these up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poetry always makes me feel like I've just had a glass of wine. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you....

Subscribe
Get our latest posts directly in your email inbox.

What they says

Contact information

Email: Wendy.Ewurum@fabulosityreads.com Tel: 071 087 4833 South Africa Twitter: twitter.com/FabulosityReads Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fabmarketingandpr
Proudly Powered by Blogger.
back to top