Don't forget to visit Fabulosity Reads Book Blog

Oct 13, 2011

Hardware by J.L Campbell Coming Soon!

Posted by Wendy Ewurum  |  at  4:46 PM

I have some wonderful news! My novel, Hardware, will be out come November 1. This romantic suspense novel is being published by Wild Child Publishing and the book promo page is HERE.


Book Blurb

Camille Moyston has managed to put the nightmare of a violent attack behind her. Having forged a safe, predictable life, the last thing she needs is a cliché, oversexed Jamaican male expressing interest.
For Quinn Mayhew, life is too good to waste time chasing a haughty, irritable woman who is too cautious to accept him for the man he is, but somehow she symbolizes everything he desires in his future.
When Camille's inner fortress finally starts to crumble, Quinn is arrested for murder and everything changes... 



Enjoy An Excerpt From Hardware
Icy fingers raked Camille’s scalp, and wrapped her in terror. Someone was stalking her. She stepped onto the sidewalk and made a full slow circle, handbag clutched to her side, jacket flung over it. Oh God, not again!
Her heart galloped. Sweat moistened her armpits. She scanned the few vehicles in the lot and peered into the darkness beyond the variegated crotons lining the car park.
Feeling like a fool when nothing moved, she sighed and walked into the building, casting a last glance behind her. On the landing upstairs, she gave herself a pep talk, while she fished for the key to open the door. She snagged the key ring.
Fear returned full force and she flung a glance over her shoulder. Skin crawling, she fumbled to find the keyhole, her sense of urgency now overwhelming. She pushed the door open, flicked the light switch, and sprawled inside, thrown off balance by a forceful shove to the back. The door slammed shut behind whoever flung her into the apartment.
She rolled over, scrabbled to regain her balance, and free her hand from the handbag. Her assailant aimed a kick at her shin. She screamed, flinging both bag and jacket aside. Crab walking backward, she stumbled to her feet and ran into the living room.
She turned to face the stinking man who ruined her cell phone. As they circled each other, Camille frantically sought a weapon.
“What the hell you want this time?”
“You!”
His stealthy movements, and the menace in his voice, rattled her. She gripped the back of the settee, hands shaking, and willed herself to think. “What did I ever do to you or your boss?”
“Because o’ you and your man, my boss sister might go to jail. Him kill fi less dan dat.”
Confused, Camille absorbed little of what he said. She glanced behind him, hoping to create a distraction and escape unharmed. She shoved the settee forward, toppling him backward over the center table. Camille rushed toward the passage ignoring his expletives. He grabbed her wrist as she skated past, and used her body weight to pull himself to his feet. The tactic threw her off balance.
Righted, he braced an arm across her throat, enfolding her in the scent of grungy armpit. The stench and the pressure to her neck, strangled her scream. The urge to pee grew overwhelming.
The memory of the near rape a year ago forced panic through her limbs. She flailed as though in the throes of a seizure. This time, there was no one to save her. Quinn lay in the hospital, and the all-but-deserted parking lot meant that most of the apartment dwellers were away from home.
Sobbing, she tore at his arm, and stomped with her high heels. He spread his legs and gripped her tighter, using his other hand to grab her by the hair. Lurching forward, she tried to chuck him off her back. Her lungs cried out for air. Please God, I don’t want to die!
Darkness slid inky fingers around her, spurring renewed efforts at escape. The pressure on her compressed neck lifted, but Camille fell into the beckoning shadows. Stubbornness had cost her dearly this time. Her chance to apologize to Quinn was gone.

About the Author

Most know me as the author to Fabulosity Reads and in actual fact, that is the previous name of this blog. I have since then moved my books to a Wordpress self-hosted blog so that I can have a place to show a different side of me which I am equally passionate about and that is marketing and personal development. I hope you will love being here, watching me grow as I share and learn. My highest hope is that we will grown and learn together in all disciplines affecting our lives. I'd LUUURRRVE to hear from you, so don't be shy...

11 comments:

  1. How ominous. This little excerpt has me in its grips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting, Wendy! Tweeting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I love the tension between the characters in your blurb. And your excerpt is filled with suspense. I want to read more. Congrats on the release in Novemenber!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dag, WTW. okay, I don't know what to think. lol. This is going to be goooooddd. they human??
    How you doin Wendy?(in my wendy williams voice)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan, I agree with you....its sounds like a sure thing.
    Hey Sid, check me out here. I'm doing a little pep talk for yours truly: http://fabulositynouveau.blogspot.com/2011/10/my-happy-place.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like a little scare in my books. :)

    Doesn't everyone?

    T

    ReplyDelete
  7. A bit of racing of the heartbis good for the soul Tirz I agree.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one book I can't wait to own. Well done, J.L. And I love the cover too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Wendy. I'm here from the Pay It Forward blogfest and I just wanted to say thanks so much for signing up!

    And I wasn't following your blog until just now, so the fest is working!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Matthew MacNish--I went to your blog and Sub Radar's but I could NOT figure out how to follow or comment on either. So in the end, I had to desert them without doing either.

    Just FYI. It'd be so nice if it were easier to figure out how to follow you and him. Or if there was a place to comment if it won't happen.

    Oh and the whole F5 thing---didn't work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well it's very easy to comment on my blog. It's at the bottom of the post. But Google Friend Connect has been having problems with the widget showing up lately. I don't know why. What browser are you using?

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you....

Subscribe
Get our latest posts directly in your email inbox.

What they says

Contact information

Email: Wendy.Ewurum@fabulosityreads.com Tel: 071 087 4833 South Africa Twitter: twitter.com/FabulosityReads Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fabmarketingandpr
Proudly Powered by Blogger.
back to top