Don't forget to visit Fabulosity Reads Book Blog

Oct 19, 2011

Posted by Wendy Ewurum  |  at  1:15 AM


A lot that I need to pay attention to. Starting with my backlog and hopefully by next week will be at current mail.
Life Less...Hers
Grace Mills craves being perfect almost as much as she craves raspberry scones. In fact, her life would be perfect if only she could lose ten more pounds, if only the pastry café she co-owns with her sister would turn a profit, if only the hottest guy at the gym would look her way...
And then "if only" comes true. Grace is suddenly straddling two lives: an alternate reality where she's a size two, weathergirl celebrity and being chased by the hot guy. Only Mr. Gorgeous isn't very nice.
In her other life, she's starting to realize her sister is less than happy running the family café, and hunky Carlos, the gym's janitor, seems to have a secret crush on her. Maybe there's more to him than meets the eye...Grace is living two lives and it's beginning to cost her. Is there a way to pick one...that's perfect?
Earlier this year when this book came out (which is when I started blogging) I desperately wanted to lay my hands on it. And I did, now now, months down the line I still haven't gotten around to reading my dig. edit's copy **sigh**


A young woman in Copenhagen, Susanne Hansson, becomes the victim of an unusually brutal rape attack in her own home. detective inspector Louise Rick is summoned to talk to the victim, where she quickly determines that Susanne met the rapist via a dating website, a fact that Susanne shamefully tries to hide, especially from her domineering mother.

The police suspect that the rapist may have been caught on video in the subway, so Louise and a colleague go through the tapes. They’re lucky enough to find him, but unfortunately the image is blurry and shows him only in profile. While the police investigation is making progress, things take a negative turn for Susanne, who tries to commit suicide. The rape is not the only reason.

In the meantime Louise becomes more and more immersed in the online dating world. In her search she comes across the web site “nightwatch.dk,” which allows her to upload images that show people out in the night-time scene and who they’re with. She finds a picture of the man, who is now calling himself “Prinzz.” She contacts him using the name "Princess," and they agree to meet.

With a climax as suspenseful as it is shocking, Sara Blaedel's American debut confirms her as one of the brightest stars in the new wave of Scandinavian crime novelists that has riveted the attention of readers around the world.
I'm really looking forward to this one.


Artemisia, a scientist who also practices alchemy, is wealthy beyond imagination. She is one of the founding members of the Skyward Group, a privately funded, secret, research facility conducting experiments that erase what tradition has established as the boundaries separating the realm of man from the realm of God. Artemisia has everything she wants - money, fame, knowledge and power - except for a child. Inanna is a powerful and dangerous witch, also wealthy beyond imagination. Her powers are greater and more deadly than any in the long tradition before her. Inanna has everything she wants - money, knowledge and God-like power - except for a child. The Child has nothing. At three months of age, he knows only what he has experienced through the bars of his locked cage. He has nothing. He doesn't have a mommy. He doesn't have a daddy. He doesn't have a name. The scientists who created him do not handle him, because they know The Child is dangerous. In The Darkness, Two women clash in a vicious battle that has been fought since the days of King Solomon - the fight over a child. One woman unleashes the nightmarish arsenal of modern science while the other dispatches the weaponries of witchcraft. And as The Child grows up, his love for one and resentment for the other will change the fate of both these women, forever...


Jennifer Whitney was the last American virgin. At least that’s what she felt like in 1986 as she began her sophomore year at Central Illinois University. She was proud of her decision to wait for the right guy, and yet she was getting restless. It seemed like everyone around her was doing it... and having fun doing it, too. She didn’t want to become the campus slut or anything, but surely there was a difference between a trashy skank and a nice girl with a little experience. Perhaps it was time to stop relying on fate to guide her and instead take matters into her own hands. And with that realization, Jen decided to find “the one” and lose her virginity, although not necessarily in that order...



As master of his destiny, Paul Weekes does what is necessary to survive. He makes his own fortune, but his luck nosedives when hijackers target his illicit shipments. He has no proof, but suspects the police officer who facilitates his exports off the island of Xantrope has turned on him. To make things worse, Paul's ne'er-do-well cousin is accidentally involved in a gang murder, and a hit is put on him. A budding liaison with the cop's niece adds more complication. Janine refuses to accept Paul's way of life, but inadvertently becomes a victim of his lifestyle. Thrust into kidnapping, double cross and murder, Paul must choose between a relationship with Janine and staying alive long enough to change the course of his future.

Another one I pined for and still haven't gotten to **heavy sigh**



What would you do if a simple errand takes a deadly twist, turning you from cautious prey to dangerous predator?

When Darcy's outing takes a turn for the worst and tests her to the point of breaking, she struggles to maintain her humanity. Where loyalty and pack mean everything, she surrenders to the inevitable and only an act of complete trust can touch her. When all is said and done, with memories flooding her mind, Darcy holds tightly to the only thing that makes sense - it was all a dream. Or was it?
**double the heavy sigh**







Almost fifteen-year-old Caleb Hart is one of the teens who receives a government-sanctioned pharmaceutical cocktail,which cause paranormal abilities to manifest... making the teens more powerful than the adults. After Caleb discovers he has the rare, Affinity for the Dead, he sets in motion a plan to hide his rareness from the government while protecting Jade, the one he loves...at all costs.







Grace is seventeen and still unmarried, and for a girl from the country, that's socially unacceptable. When her parents try to force her hand, she flees and rejoins her brother and his wife. She finds a new life and a first real love. But the past will catch up with her... 







I think this is two weeks worth of reading so I better get on with it. Thank God for my new iPad, otherwise i'd never get to all of these. Double thanks for handy husbands **blowing kiss**. What's on your plate for this week and the next?

Tagged as:
About the Author

Most know me as the author to Fabulosity Reads and in actual fact, that is the previous name of this blog. I have since then moved my books to a Wordpress self-hosted blog so that I can have a place to show a different side of me which I am equally passionate about and that is marketing and personal development. I hope you will love being here, watching me grow as I share and learn. My highest hope is that we will grown and learn together in all disciplines affecting our lives. I'd LUUURRRVE to hear from you, so don't be shy...

7 comments:

  1. Hee, hee more books for me to read.

    Tirz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started with Call Me Princess this morning and boy what an explosive

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I'll probably skip the 1980's one. I grew up in the 80's and have no interest in it. PLus I never cared much for losing virginity tales...they always end up making me mad. :)

    And I'll skip the one on Alchemy because it's just to 'not me' for me.

    But the rest I'll read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. start. that's the word at the end of that last comment.
    Well I chose the 80's one because I'm interested in how someone else views them because admittedly I had just become a teen but I totally detested them.
    the Alchemy one is curiosity and something different.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The 80's had good music with silly lyrics and great beats. Big, bad hair, bad fashion choices, and corporate greed was still 'in'.

    Capitalism baby. But I'm not far enough away from it where I find it amusing.

    And the Alchemy just the wrong type of fantasy for me. I like urban fantasy (mostly) but not quest or epic fantasy. This one has a quest/epic feel to me.

    HAHA.

    T

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've already read Craving Perfect. There are a few on your list that sound quite fascinating. Can't watit to get back my Kindle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the visit and the gracious comment you left.
    I write and maintain a spiritual blog which I have titled “AccordingtotheBook” and I’d like to invite you to follow it.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you....

Subscribe
Get our latest posts directly in your email inbox.

What they says

Contact information

Email: Wendy.Ewurum@fabulosityreads.com Tel: 071 087 4833 South Africa Twitter: twitter.com/FabulosityReads Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fabmarketingandpr
Proudly Powered by Blogger.
back to top