Don't forget to visit Fabulosity Reads Book Blog

Jan 2, 2012

My 2012 Reading & Blogging Challenges

Posted by Wendy Ewurum  |  at  7:00 AM

This year I'm not getting myself into blog hops and all sorts of other interesting things happening in the blogging world simply because it all becomes too much. As the year goes I'm sure you also fall into that temptation and then realise you just can't keep up. Well I'm putting my foot down right now. No more!

But there are exceptions to my no blog hop rule though. Only three. For the whole of 2012 my plan is to be involved in  only these . Below I tell you all about them incase you are interested. I joined them because two of them are directly linked to my reading goals So the plan is that they will help me stay on track with my New Year Resolutions List. And the A-Z is just for the sheer joy of it.  Here they are:

Nr. 1



The A-Z Challenge takes place in April and is anintense one month blogging extravaganza where you meet brilliant people on a daily basis. I participated last year with my personal blog Fabulosity Nouveau and had 37 posts in all. This year I'll go a little nutty and enter with that and this blog. That should make up at least 62 posts for April all going down the alphebet. Yeah...definitely batty but oh so much fun.... ***rubbinghandstogether***


Nr. 2


Next on the list is Sid's Versatile Reading Challenge. Sid is the author of Reading Rendezvouz Reviews
What I love about this challenge is its...flexibility.
Its divided into quarters and the aim is for you to read a book for each month of the quarter that you have joined. In otherwords, if you could not commit to one quarter, you can still commit in the next. the months have themes attached to them so this is also a great way to extend one's reading vistas.
January month is dedicated to a Nigerian author, I am reading Ngozi Adichie's Purple Hibuscus which also just so happens to be on the list for my next challenge. See how nicely it all works out?

Nr. 3


And last but definitely not least on the list is the TBR Reading Challenge.
We all have those books. We buy them, win them, they're gifted to us.. Then we put them up on a bookshelf and there they stay, collecting dust, waiting for the time when we'll finally decide to pick them up..

Join a quest to dust off your TBR Pile and read all the books you've been telling yourself you'll read next time you'll get a chance.. This is your chance! And again, there are PRIZES. Yipee!!
the linky for your list is HERE. find my list below.


My 2012 reading List off My Book Shelf


Links To My Challenge:
 

About the Author

Most know me as the author to Fabulosity Reads and in actual fact, that is the previous name of this blog. I have since then moved my books to a Wordpress self-hosted blog so that I can have a place to show a different side of me which I am equally passionate about and that is marketing and personal development. I hope you will love being here, watching me grow as I share and learn. My highest hope is that we will grown and learn together in all disciplines affecting our lives. I'd LUUURRRVE to hear from you, so don't be shy...

13 comments:

  1. I really should of join the TBR list. I have joined seven challenges. YES!! 7. I took the very smallest levels on a few. Thanks for joining The Versatile Reading Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did the A-z last year and it's probably where I found your blog. I hope to be doing it again, but it does all depending on what's happening in my writing world. I will definitely try though. The posts may have to be incredibly short!

    I like that you have decided on three. I think we can get bogged down by the blog hops and everything gets confusing.

    I love your TBR gadget. It's it funny how we all have very different tastes. Not one of your books is on my pile.

    Have a great 2012 and lots of luck with those blogging and reading goals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those sound like great blog hops to join. And I love the A to Z button this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Sidne: I’m really looking forward to your challenge and what you have in store for us in terms of themes to cover. I must confess though that I really don’t know what the level thing is or how it works on the challenges. I’m hoping some generous soul will help me out.

    @Rebecca: I can’t wait to get to your list Rebecca. And I feel like such a dork because most people’s list looks similar and then you look at mine. Something’s wacked with my reading tastes. I must say though that I am off Christine Feehan as a reader. Her books seem to be all sex with little substance.

    I do hope you make it to the A-Z this year, its a lovely break.

    @Laura_ that button is awesome. I love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your button, too~
    I love that you are being selective, great pics by the way!

    I look forward to visiting you...I might consider the TBR one. A-Z for sure, I have been part of it, for two years. I have a thing about threes, lol.

    Happy New Year! I love the fresh, vibrant look of your blog~ I change mine a lot ;D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you're back for the A to Z Challenge! I'm honored to be a co-host again and look forward to my third Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know that I'll be joining the A-Z challenge again, but I haven't even heard about the others.

    Good luck with them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. There are so many floating around Misha its impossible to keep up. that's why i just committed to a few this year.

    Thanks for coming by Alex.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I’m a writer, book lover, and your newest blog follower! My blog is Life of Lois Feel free to stop on by.

    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wendy, thanks a tonne for the info. Never heard of any of the events you mentioned. I think I should give the A-Z challenge a go, though it sounds VERY intense.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Lois _ I enjoyed your blog and the new book cover will def. get people picking if of the physical or virtual shelf.

    Oluchi _ Thanks for coming by. I do hope you join. I look forward to your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry I missed commenting on this in a timely manner. My email box is so stacked up and I'm trying to clean up old mail. Thanks for the Challenge mention.


    Lee
    An A to Z Co-Host
    Tossing It Out
    Twitter: @AprilA2Z
    #atozchallenge
    Blogging from A to Z

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's an absollute pleasure Arleen.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you....

Subscribe
Get our latest posts directly in your email inbox.

What they says

Contact information

Email: Wendy.Ewurum@fabulosityreads.com Tel: 071 087 4833 South Africa Twitter: twitter.com/FabulosityReads Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fabmarketingandpr
Proudly Powered by Blogger.
back to top