Don't forget to visit Fabulosity Reads Book Blog

Jan 17, 2012

Paradox Series: Angels Are Here by Patti Roberts Book Review

Posted by Wendy Ewurum  |  at  5:44 PM


:    


Author:    Patti Roberts (web-link)
Series:     Y (Paradox Series)
Genre:      Paranormal Fiction
Publisher: CreateSpace (June 14, 2011)

THE STORY:


Nine hundred years ago, I died...

Today, A little girl's world is turned upside down by a visitor, the Angel of Death. She finds herself trapped in a nightmare, consumed by her paralyzing loss and overwhelming grief.

Haunting visions and the untimely deaths of others are a constant reminder that life and death are only a heartbeat away.

She eventually befriends the unusual little girl who moves in next door with captivating violet eyes and a profound knowledge of things that far exceeds her tender years.

"Masks camouflage the faces of both good and evil. Keeps hidden what is a truth and what is a lie."

Lives - bound together by blood - forge an unforgettable trail of heartbreak, loss and betrayal spanning over centuries to the present day.


A journey crossing Two Worlds.  One Ancient - One New.

In a World where there are more questions than answers.
Is your Guardian Angel From Heaven or Hell...?


WHO'S WHO?
  • Grace, a little girl who also seems to have the spirit/soul of an unearthly being called Juliete living within her.
  • Brian her father is  also seems suspicious to me. I think he knows more or is much more than meets the mortal eye.
  • Her mom is the only one I can't place in the whole scheme of things. I get the feeling she might be fully human.
  • Wade, an officer who comes to deliver bad news and then seems to become a permanent fixture.

 THIS WAS HOT....
  • Patti creates the most interesting location in the ancient world of gods, angels, demons, legends, magic and mystery. This book is unique on many levels, the author has taken a very original approach to the paranormal world. You did get the idea that there might be some vampire influence when it comes to the fallen angels, especially with reference to their feeding habits but nothing concrete because it’s all so different.
  • The mystery that shrouds the characters is also another attractive quality. From beginning to end you are never 100% sure that you’re working things out. Multiple twists keep things interesting and you guessing.
  • I found Angela’s father intriguing although like the rest of the supporting cast in the new world, I thought they could have done with a little more character building to make them more significant and believable. But still questions about him were always prickling at the back of my mind and I really can’t wait to find out what his role is. Whether or not he is/was a reincarnation of one of the guardians angels. His death and the little suggestions of his continued existences through Wade really have me curious.
  • I’m left extremely distressed by the destruction of heaven (as I think of it). I desperately want to know who will win this war. I keep telling myself the enemy has only won a very big battle, not the war. The suspense is too much and this is only book one. Angels help me.

 NOT SO HOT:
  • Editorial errors one of the reasons why I’m not giving this book a 5 rating. There were quite a few I just couldn’t ignore. I felt that it could have done with another round of editing.
  • I also found myself more interested in the ancient world than what was happening in the present. I found the pace faster and events came to a head quicker. The present tends to meander on sometimes.
OVERALL:

Awesome paranormal entertainment and the bulk of it definitely took place in the ancient world. Patti Roberts has something special going on Paradox and I can’t wait to pick up my copy of Book Two (Progency Of Innocents) which I began last night again . Now that is sizzling. Well done Patti!!

Rating: 
4/5

 Paperback $8.49 Kindle $1.99c
 


Note!
  • You can also get your Kindle or Paperback copy at my online book store: Fabulosity Galore
  • Book source: I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.
  • If you're interested in reading more of my reviews then click HERE.
  • If you would like to request a book review or you would like to guest post here feel free to email me: fabulosityreads@gmail.com

About the Author

Most know me as the author to Fabulosity Reads and in actual fact, that is the previous name of this blog. I have since then moved my books to a Wordpress self-hosted blog so that I can have a place to show a different side of me which I am equally passionate about and that is marketing and personal development. I hope you will love being here, watching me grow as I share and learn. My highest hope is that we will grown and learn together in all disciplines affecting our lives. I'd LUUURRRVE to hear from you, so don't be shy...

1 comment:

  1. Sounds interesting, I like paranormal fiction. I agree with you though that editorial errors drive me crazy!! Thanks for the new book idea :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you....

Subscribe
Get our latest posts directly in your email inbox.

What they says

Contact information

Email: Wendy.Ewurum@fabulosityreads.com Tel: 071 087 4833 South Africa Twitter: twitter.com/FabulosityReads Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fabmarketingandpr
Proudly Powered by Blogger.
back to top