Don't forget to visit Fabulosity Reads Book Blog

Feb 3, 2012

Blogging Tidbits

Posted by Wendy Ewurum  |  at  3:15 PM

Comment System Upgrade
I thought this worth mentioning in case you don't have it. Even though it just does't seem to work for me, it seems to be working for everyone else.
Blogger has a new comment tool now, well new to me, that allows bloggers to respond to their commenters one by one. Which must be so wonderful instead of what I currently do which is having to now and again include everyone in one comment or email them one by one.
To get very simple instructions to activate this function on your blog visit Jenny's blog: The Pearson Report Let me know if it works for you.

Visiting and Following
I've been thinking about how to do justice to blogs of interest when I visit because we all agree that you need to give some to get some.
I'm also a firm believer in following back. This is kind of where one of my first dilemmas is though.
During my most recent round of blog visits I tried to only focus on blogs that were following me instead of those I follow.
Wait there's method in my madness.
I figure I follow so many blogs other than those that make up my followers that most times I never do get to my followers' blogs. Probably because my followers do not post often and therefore do not appear frequently on the blog roll updates.
The problem comes in when you click on the profile picture of a specific follower and it doesn't link to their blog. You can't believe how many bloggers fail to have this connection and not only does it hinder you from visiting their blogs but it also means you can't follow back. Especially if the blog goes by their name and there are 50 people with the same first and last name on Google.
So to try to help the situation I've started taking down the names of these blogs as I go along. If your name is listed here it means you have to link your blog to your profile so we can either visit you or follow back.

Luana
Lois D. Brown
Melissa Love
The Alliterative Allomorph
Morrigan Michele
Lorii


PS! Please don't forget to vote for me for the Writing Blog Awards.\
Online Colleges 
Online Colleges
I'm blogging on the go so please forgive the look of the post. Rather bland. have a great weekend.






Tagged as:
About the Author

Most know me as the author to Fabulosity Reads and in actual fact, that is the previous name of this blog. I have since then moved my books to a Wordpress self-hosted blog so that I can have a place to show a different side of me which I am equally passionate about and that is marketing and personal development. I hope you will love being here, watching me grow as I share and learn. My highest hope is that we will grown and learn together in all disciplines affecting our lives. I'd LUUURRRVE to hear from you, so don't be shy...

11 comments:

  1. Very informative post. Thank you. I can't get the reply to work for me either. It's there but nothing happens when I click it. I'll keep trying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you know, I really like the new commenting feature.

    In relation to commenting on blogs, I tend to firstly go to the blogs of people who have recently commented on mine and then go through my blogrole on the sidebar and then if I've time, I look at recent posts made in my blogger dashboard and go to blogs I think look interesting. There really isn't enough time in the day to get through everyone, especially if you are making a real comment rather than a quick sentence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebecca I think I need to be more conscientious about first visiting commenters. I do also feel it takes so much time to visit blogs and make proper input.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have seen that 'reply' tab but i have not chosen to use it yet. I will just to see if it works. I sure hope so, I can't stand to have something that does not work correctly lol.
    what I have found is some people do not blog. they may have an account but they don't blog they only like to follow interesting blogs. I have a friend that does that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the heads up - this is going to make life soooo much easier!
    Lx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I agree with you Sid. Its so upset that its not 100% foolproof. And I have come across followers who don't blog to but these definitely do.
    Laura great to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are just so many blogs that are out there! However, I have only recently stumbled across yours :)

    I'm going to add you to my blog list on my site, it's what I've been doing lately to keep track of blogs I like to go back and forth too.

    I love visiting and commenting on blogs but there really is only so much time in the day.

    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Jules. Thanks for stopping onerous. Off to see u now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know exactly what you mean. But you should try to google the names. The Alliterative Allomorph will definitely come up. I don't think that Luana blogs any more. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes! That link info is so important. If for no other reason than convenience for people trying to follow it back. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, Wendy, just popping in to say howdy. I too am a little thrown off when people follow me and a I can't find a way to follow back.

    The Alliterative Allomorph is Jessica's blog and the address is here ==> http://thealliterativeallomorph.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you....

Subscribe
Get our latest posts directly in your email inbox.

What they says

Contact information

Email: Wendy.Ewurum@fabulosityreads.com Tel: 071 087 4833 South Africa Twitter: twitter.com/FabulosityReads Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fabmarketingandpr
Proudly Powered by Blogger.
back to top