Don't forget to visit Fabulosity Reads Book Blog

Feb 20, 2012

Cycles by Lois D. Brown: Book Review

Posted by Wendy Ewurum  |  at  8:32 AM



Author:    Lois D. Brown
Series:     N 
Genre:      Science Fiction, Middle Grade
Publisher: Levanter Publishing

THE STORY:

She remembers things that never happened.

She's a stranger in her own home. 
She always knew she was different.
She just didn't know why.
Until now. 

Renee Beaumont is about to die . . . again.


WHO'S WHO?
  • Renee Beaumont is the girl with previous lives we encounter through some kind of scientific “reincarnation”.
  • Sam is her best friend who surprisingly becomes quite conflicted with the desire to fulfil his own curiosity with science and being a good friend. At the most critical moment his early teen value system is drastically tested.
  • I think this is a wonderful MG book. I’ve never read science fiction before and my preconcieve idea was that it would be something I just couldn't get like Star Wars/Trek or whatever its called but this was anything but. The science fiction (fantasy) element felt so natural that I quite believed in the story. The very normal young characters who were dealing with extraordinary scientific anomalies with most adults involved wanting to exploit them for their knowledge and genes.
  • It’s a story of love, loyalty  disloyalty and friendship that is thoroughly tested through betrayals when personal interest is placed before the needs of others and forgiveness when those who don’t live up to our expectations realise their error of their ways. There are wonderful moral lessons in here for young people and I guarantee they would be rooting along for all of them.
  • Right from the first few pages I knew I was lucky to have come across Lois and double lucky that she sent me her book for review. She is a prolific and imaginative writer. She knows how to blend nature (mixing natural medicine, Indian traditions, ancient beliefs) with the very futuristic and modern theme that is science. The merging of the two is so smooth that it feels quite natural and acceptable to have both.
I DID NOT QUITE ENJOY:
I finished this book in two day in a busy work period so that goes to show how engaged I was. No complaints.





OVERALL:


I really really loved it. Entertaining, educational (w.r.t. moral fibre) and creative.

Rating:  5 /5
This book is:  Absolutely Magnificent.

Kindle: $2.99


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: 
  • For your Copy go to my online bookstore: Fabulosity Galore
  • Book Source: I gout this book from the author Lois D. Brown in exchange of an honest review.
  • If you interesting reading more of my reviews then click HERE.

About the Author

Most know me as the author to Fabulosity Reads and in actual fact, that is the previous name of this blog. I have since then moved my books to a Wordpress self-hosted blog so that I can have a place to show a different side of me which I am equally passionate about and that is marketing and personal development. I hope you will love being here, watching me grow as I share and learn. My highest hope is that we will grown and learn together in all disciplines affecting our lives. I'd LUUURRRVE to hear from you, so don't be shy...

5 comments:

  1. It's good when a Sci-Fi writer can pull the reader in and not overwhelm them with details to do with world-building and science. But I guess that's expected since this book is for young people. Sounds like an interesting read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds wonderful! I think I am going to have to eventually give in and buy an ereader. It seems like I'm missing out of some good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hard to beat a 5/5 review! Thanks Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it is a very good book and I hope my son will want to read it even though i know it lacks swamps and creepy things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a book to check out. Nice review.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you....

Subscribe
Get our latest posts directly in your email inbox.

What they says

Contact information

Email: Wendy.Ewurum@fabulosityreads.com Tel: 071 087 4833 South Africa Twitter: twitter.com/FabulosityReads Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fabmarketingandpr
Proudly Powered by Blogger.
back to top