Don't forget to visit Fabulosity Reads Book Blog

Mar 14, 2012

Baby Daddy Interview by Tina Martin: Interview

Posted by Wendy Ewurum  |  at  7:33 AM

Congratulations to:
Deana Talli Roland will contact you with your voucher for:
Post
Hello everybody i'm so glad to be back today as behind schedule as I am. I'd also like to apologise profusely to Tina for posting her  interview on Wednesday instead of the requested Monday. _ shoddy behaviour. :(
I just recently came across Tina in the blog world and she has just published her latest book which she chats about here today.

NOTE: There's a giveaway at the end of the interview so be sure to check it out.

Bio:
Tina Martin resides in Charlotte, North Carolina with her husband and young son where she works full time as a project administrator. A lover and writer of poetry since her teens, she now uses her creativity to pen page-turning novels. When she’s not writing, Tina enjoys blogging, photography and spending time with her family.

Her novels romantic suspense novels, Secrets On Lake Drive and Another Man’s Treasure are available now.

Her newest release, The Baby Daddy Interviews was just released March 2012 and is available to order on Amazon (and available for Kindle). Tina is also the author of two short stories: Vacation Interrupted and The Crush.

Take it away Tina.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Give us a one sentence summary of The Baby Daddy Interviews:  
When Breonna’s husband (Tyler) abruptly leaves her without explanation, she finds out that he’s moved on with another woman. He doesn’t know she’s pregnant. But no worries…Breonna’s moving on too!. First order of business – find a father for her baby.

What scene you like most and would never cut: 
I have many scenes I love in this novel, but my absolute favorite is when Breonna first meets Vaughn in the parking lot at Applebee’s. Their exchange is one of the funniest in the book. I also like the up-and-down relationship she has with her sister and the quirky relationship she has with her best friend, Courtney.

Things your heroine would never be caught dead doing/saying:  
Breonna would never be caught begging her husband to come back.

What celebrity is your hero like:  
As for looks, Vaughn Ramos would look most like the British actor, O. T. Fagbenle (the male actor in the Lifetime movie, Double Wedding). He’s a handsome guy, and I love his voice.

What is your heroines occupation, or if unemployed, what should she be doing:  
Breonna is a pediatrician, partial owner of the practice in which she works. She’s very successful and spends most of her money decorating her home and buying the latest fashion.

What is your heroes occupation, or if unemployed, what should he be doing:  
Vaughn, though not working currently, is a psychologist and ponders over opening a practice in Suffolk, VA as he had in Chicago. He prides himself on the ability to read people and drives Breonna crazy as he constantly assess her behavior and personality.

 What you think readers will like best about this book:  
Readers will fall in love with the perfect balance of romance and drama in this book. There’s so much of it – from Tyler not knowing his wife is pregnant, from Breonna putting an ad in the paper for a ‘role model’ for her baby, to Vaughn hiding secrets about his past. Additionally, I think readers will relate to Breonna wanting her child to have a father, even though Tyler left her. They will also understand to the loss that Vaughn has suffered in the past as well as the plot turning event that changes the dynamic of this story.

What's next for you?
I am currently finishing up my novel that will be published later this year – Accidental Deception. I’m very excited about this book and I’m positive that my readers will enjoy this heart wrenching story.

And Now For The Give Away Question.

Readers: Do you think that single mothers should find (and keep) a male role model in the lives of their children?

Ten commenters (chosen at random) will win a PDF copy of my short story, Vacation Interrupted. Leave a comment on this post to be eligible.


Visit Tina online at:

Website: www.tinamartinbook.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/tinamartinfans
Twitter: @tinamartinbooks
Blog: http://ibetterfindyourlove.blogspot.com/

About the Author

Most know me as the author to Fabulosity Reads and in actual fact, that is the previous name of this blog. I have since then moved my books to a Wordpress self-hosted blog so that I can have a place to show a different side of me which I am equally passionate about and that is marketing and personal development. I hope you will love being here, watching me grow as I share and learn. My highest hope is that we will grown and learn together in all disciplines affecting our lives. I'd LUUURRRVE to hear from you, so don't be shy...

11 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun book to read. I'm not a female but I would like to comment anyway :) I think that role models play an important part in a persons life are they absolutely necessary no but they do give the child a the best opportunity to succeed. That being said there are amazing people who never had a good role model so I think a lot depends on the person. Just my two bits :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you Josh. I was a single mom for 5 years of my sons life and there were definitely times when i really longed to have a significant male in his life. I think if the environment between the two adults is healthy then it makes for a more rounded child. I'm not to say single parenthood is lacking but as a product of one I know I would have liked to have a male presence also in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to Deana! Big thanks to Wendy for hosting the giveaway.

    The Baby Daddy sounds really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think you 'find' a role model and 'keep' or discard him. But yes, I think there needs to be both sexes involved in raising a child. If it's a same-sex marriage, then you need to have a balance there. But none of this guarantees a happy healthy child. Love for the child is the key ingredient, whether single or married.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What about the strong independent women who say they can do it all, but not considering how the child feels in the matter. Maybe the woman thinks the child is fine without a male role model, but the child is thinking otherwise...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comment...it is really a fun novel and I hope that through the humor, readers can see the the main character's focus on finding that role model! You can read the excerpt at my website: www.tinamartinbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with richard that it takes both sexes to raise a child because it took both sexes to make a child. But the sad reality is that it is more single parents(mothers) than ever before. Mainly because of absent fathers or lack of a father figure. I think that role models are very important especially in the male world. It is easy to tell a child to do this or that, but leading by example is far more reaching and a lot of males do not have these types role models to look up to. It's the circle of life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a very nice book! As a previous single mom, it's very important for a mother to find a good father.

    Also, thanks, Wendy, for your lovely comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm late to the party, but will check out the book. It sounds like something I'd enjoy. I always enjoy reading romance with people of colour in them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. All very insightful comments! Ms. Berry, I agree with you 100%. Clarissa, you're right. I mean, even if the woman can't find a man per se, I think the child needs a mentor...a coach, uncle, somebody. J.L. Campbell, thanks for checking out the book. It is a very fresh, fun novel. I also so posts on my blog, offering insight in to all of my novels. You can check it out at http://ibetterfindyourlove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, I'm late, but if you left a comment above, please send your email address to tinamartinbooks@gmail.com and I will send you your free PDF of my short story, Vacation Interrupted.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you....

Subscribe
Get our latest posts directly in your email inbox.

What they says

Contact information

Email: Wendy.Ewurum@fabulosityreads.com Tel: 071 087 4833 South Africa Twitter: twitter.com/FabulosityReads Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fabmarketingandpr
Proudly Powered by Blogger.
back to top