Don't forget to visit Fabulosity Reads Book Blog

Sep 9, 2012

50 Shade of Grey....What did you think?

Posted by Wendy Ewurum  |  at  8:41 PM

Have you read the 50 Shades of Grey series?
I'm really interested in hearing what you thought about them if you did. I don't mind spoilers so go ahead.
Its one of those books that you hear people often chant, you have to read it, you have to read it. But i'm not really into reading about other people having sex.  I mean I'm just reminded right now of the number of pages I skipped through when I read The Clan Of The Cave Bear by J Auel..

Here are some of the comments I got from my Facebook Book Club when I asked the same question. Are they really this awful and if so then how did they get all this hype? Is it just good luck or aggressive marketing?


Emma Mees LOL Wendy, I think the majority of us on here have long decided not to even bother. There is a discussion about these books - if you use the search tool at the top of hte page, you'll find the discussion. Its rather funny. I think it was decided that reading the reviews was better than reading the books!

Barbara Z. Banks Gah! My youngest daughter - who doesn't read much fiction at all - read all the books in succession and really enjoyed them (she's 24 and married). I can't find the brilliant paragraph she wrote about it. She said they were really, really bad, but so bad they were wonderful in their awfulness.


Kim McChesney I read them. Took me a ridiculously long time, but I got the e-books for free and for some reason I had it in my head that I had to finish them all. They are really bad. Not wonderful in awfulness, IMO. Just bad. The first sex scene or two were OK, but then it was SO DAMN REPETITIVE and the characters were annoying. There was just nothing there that hooked me in and the author obviously wrote the book with a Thesaurus sitting next to her because she would randomly throw in huge words that totally didn't fit with the rest of the book. From a pop culture perspective, I'm glad I read them so I can get some of the jokes and 50 Shades



About the Author

Most know me as the author to Fabulosity Reads and in actual fact, that is the previous name of this blog. I have since then moved my books to a Wordpress self-hosted blog so that I can have a place to show a different side of me which I am equally passionate about and that is marketing and personal development. I hope you will love being here, watching me grow as I share and learn. My highest hope is that we will grown and learn together in all disciplines affecting our lives. I'd LUUURRRVE to hear from you, so don't be shy...

3 comments:

  1. I wont be reading them, but will watch the movie when it comes out :) More interested in who the lead male role will be played by :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have renamed the collection of papers. 50 Shades of MESS. So Infantile. its ridiculous to read the repetitive lines from that book. No plot. a waste of reading time. go to amazon and read the reviews. its really sad. I hear a movie is in the making. I sure hope this will be one that they totally change from the story line. And the sex scenes are ridiculous. its BDSM or sadist. there is no romance about that but if thats your kink,Power to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so amazing and funny to hear this about books and yet there are radio stations punting them. That's where I heard of them the first time. I even heard them being mentioned on So You Think You Can Dance last week.
    It's a lot more fun hearing what people I know think Sid, that's why i haven't gone on Amazon. The lots of sex bit puts me off but it's even worse to hear about the hot mess it is. Lol

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you....

Subscribe
Get our latest posts directly in your email inbox.

What they says

Contact information

Email: Wendy.Ewurum@fabulosityreads.com Tel: 071 087 4833 South Africa Twitter: twitter.com/FabulosityReads Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fabmarketingandpr
Proudly Powered by Blogger.
back to top