Don't forget to visit Fabulosity Reads Book Blog

Sep 21, 2012

Hope is a thing with feathers by Emily DickinsonPoetry Friday

Posted by Wendy Ewurum  |  at  12:48 AM


If I had my 10 ten poems listed this one would be pretty close to number one. Its a favorite that always just pops up in my head unexpectedly. If I've shared it with you before I apologize. I just really wanted to have it up again. 
Do you have a poem that you find has permanently etched itself to your heart?


Hope is a thing with feathers...Emily Dickinson

That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune without the words,
And never stops at all,

And sweetest in the gale is heard;
And sore must be the storm
That could abash the little bird
That kept so many warm.

I've heard it in the chillest land
And on the strangest sea;
Yet, never, in extremity,
It asked a crumb of me.

About the Author

Most know me as the author to Fabulosity Reads and in actual fact, that is the previous name of this blog. I have since then moved my books to a Wordpress self-hosted blog so that I can have a place to show a different side of me which I am equally passionate about and that is marketing and personal development. I hope you will love being here, watching me grow as I share and learn. My highest hope is that we will grown and learn together in all disciplines affecting our lives. I'd LUUURRRVE to hear from you, so don't be shy...

4 comments:

  1. That is a lovely poem. I like Frost's "Stopping By Woods On a Snowy Evening."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh lovely to hear from your Richard. I hope you don't mind if I post your poem in a couple of weeks.
    I just read it and it intrigues me. I hope you'll share more about it then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be my guest. It's a famous poem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She basically makes hope a living thing. Poetry is beautiful, but I don't always understand it. Can't believe I'm saying that when I think that it was part of my 5 years in English class in high school.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you....

Subscribe
Get our latest posts directly in your email inbox.

What they says

Contact information

Email: Wendy.Ewurum@fabulosityreads.com Tel: 071 087 4833 South Africa Twitter: twitter.com/FabulosityReads Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fabmarketingandpr
Proudly Powered by Blogger.
back to top