Don't forget to visit Fabulosity Reads Book Blog

Oct 28, 2012

Angel of Death by K.w McCabe: Book Review

Posted by Wendy Ewurum  |  at  8:38 AM



Author:    K.w McCabe
Series:     Y

Genre:      Fantasy (Vampire)
Sold by: FantaFire Press; 4 edition (July 8, 2012)

I read the first page of Angel of Death and got serious chills. What an ominous beginning.
I'm starting to realise that this is perhaps one of the reasons why I’m loving McCabe. She packs a punch right from the beginning. I don’t know if you remember that I reviewed her Sleeping Beauty Fairy Foible too and really liked her adult interpretation of  that. Its sinister, dark and humorous, just my cuppa tea. You see, now that's a book with impact, one you can still clearly remember a year later.

K.w. McCabe is mainly a short story writer and i'm normally quite ambivalent about reading short stories because I tend to be unlucky with them. Most of those I've chosen previously I felt lacked follow through at times or had no real meat on them (substance) or just lacked that certain punch that hooks one to a book. 

This is never the case with K.W, for me she delivers in every area. Whether she's doing her own version of a well known fairytale or conjuring up her own disturbing,entertaining and unforgettable stories. I'm always gripped for the hour or two that I spend reading her book.  As I was last night with Angel of Death.

Its always find it hard to do a detailed review of a short story because its so easy to give it away but suffice to say you like great fantasy writing, this one is just the thing to transport you to millennia gone by and Lord deaths relationship with the current living. Its also helps heaps that not only does K.w come up with great story concepts but has awesome writing skills that deliver great unforgettable lines. 

This was a lovely, easy read for a Saturday night in for me. Loved it.

I'm looking forward to curling up with K.w. McCabe’s  Dragons Call tonight.



Note!
  • You can also get your Hardcover copy at my online book store: Fabulosity Galore
  • Book source: I got this book for free online. There was no review request by the author.
  • If you're interested reading more of my reviews then click HERE.
  • If you would like to request a book review or you would like to guest post here feel free to email me: fabulosityreads@gmail.com

About the Author

Most know me as the author to Fabulosity Reads and in actual fact, that is the previous name of this blog. I have since then moved my books to a Wordpress self-hosted blog so that I can have a place to show a different side of me which I am equally passionate about and that is marketing and personal development. I hope you will love being here, watching me grow as I share and learn. My highest hope is that we will grown and learn together in all disciplines affecting our lives. I'd LUUURRRVE to hear from you, so don't be shy...

0 WORDS OF THE WISE...:

I love hearing from you....

Subscribe
Get our latest posts directly in your email inbox.

What they says

Contact information

Email: Wendy.Ewurum@fabulosityreads.com Tel: 071 087 4833 South Africa Twitter: twitter.com/FabulosityReads Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fabmarketingandpr
Proudly Powered by Blogger.
back to top