Don't forget to visit Fabulosity Reads Book Blog

May 20, 2013

Hello's, Writers, Artists and Young Poets

Posted by Wendy Ewurum  |  at  1:23 PM

Hello everybody.
So nice to pop in here again and on a Monday. 
I'm so excited because life has just delivered her new lease and all feels like its falling into place with the universe. Babies are being delivered everywhere too and onward and upwards all artists go. I just wanna send a shout out to a few precious people and if you not on the list you are not less important. I've just been terrible with my blog emails. 



Kiru Taye just had a real angel delivered to her home (a stunningly beautiful baby boy) not even a few weeks back and she's already busy with new book releases. Isn't she just woman phenomenal. 





DL Atha also gave me a shout just the other day about the release of her latest book which I'm totally ecstatic about because I love Dr. D's unique  medical approach to the paranormal genre. And if I'm not mistaken. Dr. D was my first interview and her first book (Blood Reaction) was my very first book review when I started this blog about two years ago. In fact exactly two years ago in June.
Its awesome to have such a long history with my writer friends. 


And a very belated cogratulations to Nicki Elson too. Nicki released The Three Daves which I reveiwed here over a year ago . I loved her quirkiness in that book. I was just alerted the other day that Divine Temptation has been released. Another baby born HOORAY! Posting review soon, promise!








Patti Roberts, author of the Paradox series, great blogverse friend and writing machine also promised me a giveaway soon. I hope from her exciting series _Whitchwood Estate. I'm itching to get my hand on that really soon. Even sooner for my readers.





And now I want to add another congratulations to an artist friend who is currently having a show in New York. Jonele Scholtz is an extraordinarily talented artist from the almost/kinda "rural"  parts of our province but the work that she creates.....OMW.....You just have to see it. She is nothing short of amazin in my books. Check our her FB page.
 


And at last but not least. I want to introduce a young man that I have known for about three years now on Facebook, Pontsho Reamogetswe Mahlaka. Pontsho has just worked his way into my heart steadily over the years with his writing. I'm still interested in how he moved from the northen outskirts of Johannesburg to Canada in the last while (i havent heard the story as yet but I promise we all will if I have to drag it out of him). I hope you'll enjoy this poem that he sent me recently and leave your comment to encourage this young prodigy. There are not many poets left and we need to just nurture them.


Imagine yourself as this woman by Pontsho Reamogetswe Mahlaka

A woman who imagines the divine in her image and likeness.
Who designs a personal spirituality to inform her daily life.

Imagine a woman who believes it is right and good she is a woman.
A woman who honors her experience and tells her stories.
Who refuses to carry the sins of others within her body and life.

Imagine a woman who trusts and respects herself.
A woman who listens to her needs and desires.
Who meets them with tenderness and grace.

Imagine a woman who acknowledges the past's influence on the present.
A woman who has walked through her past.
Who has healed into the present.

Imagine a woman who authors her own life.
A woman who exerts, initiates, and moves on her own behalf.
Who refuses to surrender except to her truest self and wisest voice.

Imagine a woman who names her own gods.
A woman who imagines the divine in her image and likeness.
Who designs a personal spirituality to inform her daily life.

Imagine a woman in love with her own body.
A woman who believes her body is enough, just as it is.
Who celebrates its rhythms and cycles as an exquisite resource.

Imagine a woman who honors the body of the Goddess in her changing body.
A woman who celebrates the accumulation of her years and her wisdom.
Who refuses to use her life-energy disguising the changes in her body and life.

Imagine a woman who values the women in her life.
A woman who sits in circles of women.
Who is reminded of the truth about herself when she forgets.

Imagine yourself as this woman.

Happy MONDAY everyone and dont forget to leave a comment and also like my company page. Happy to say things are at last going my way on that front. Our God is Glorious!

About the Author

Most know me as the author to Fabulosity Reads and in actual fact, that is the previous name of this blog. I have since then moved my books to a Wordpress self-hosted blog so that I can have a place to show a different side of me which I am equally passionate about and that is marketing and personal development. I hope you will love being here, watching me grow as I share and learn. My highest hope is that we will grown and learn together in all disciplines affecting our lives. I'd LUUURRRVE to hear from you, so don't be shy...

6 comments:

  1. Hey, Wendy,
    Glad to see you out and about.
    That's a beautiful poem.
    Congrats on the new babies and releases from your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome to be here J.L and to see you. I am so happy.
    Thank you @Living storage

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really impressed with those paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She does gorgeous work this lady. Did I mention she's proudly SA brewed LOL.hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. And a belated thank you. :) I think you'll find Divine Temptation to be quite different from Three Daves. I'm super behind in blogland, so please send me the link when the review posts & I'll be sure to send some people over! (elson.nici@gmail.com)

    Love your new profile picture - you're adorable!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you....

Subscribe
Get our latest posts directly in your email inbox.

What they says

Contact information

Email: Wendy.Ewurum@fabulosityreads.com Tel: 071 087 4833 South Africa Twitter: twitter.com/FabulosityReads Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fabmarketingandpr
Proudly Powered by Blogger.
back to top