Don't forget to visit Fabulosity Reads Book Blog

Jul 29, 2013

Chatting To Tina Martin: Interview

Posted by Wendy Ewurum  |  at  3:29 PM


A couple of months ago I featured Tina Martin's novel, Accidental Deceptions. I thought it now time great to help her out again and let her tell us more about her book, so here she is today to give us the lowdown. I hope you enjoy it.....The book is available in eBook format at Amazon

Tina: Thanks a ton Wendy for having me

W: Give us a one sentence summary of Accidental Deception:  
T: Accidental Deception is a story about love versus loyalty, the tug-of-war that dictates every action Carter Williams will take after he stumbles upon a homeless woman, Shayla Kline, in Uptown Charlotte.

W: What you think we will like best about this book:  
T: I think readers will fall in love with the chemistry between Carter and Shayla. They are from different sides of the tracks, yet they have something in common that holds them together. And being that Shayla isn’t the type of woman that Carter would ever go for, it’s quite refreshing to see how his feelings for her evolves over time. I think readers will also feel Carter’s pain as he struggles with trying to remain loyal to his brother, but is love stronger?

W: What scene do you like most and would never cut: 
T: I have many favorites, but the scene I like the most is when the hospital scene when Carter finally gets Shayla to open up and talk to him.

W: Things your hero would never be caught dead doing/saying:  
T: Carter would never be caught chasing a woman. Women chase him.

W: What celebrity is your hero like?  
T: Hmm…I would say he’s most like actor Daniel Sunjata, similar looks and a lot of swag!

W: What is your hero and heroine's occupation, or if unemployed, what would they be doing:  
T: Shayla is unemployed, but she dreams of owning her own flower shop.
     Carter is President of Global Banking at a major bank in Uptown Charlotte.

W: Did you have to kill any characters in the writing of this book? 
T: No. I did not kill any characters in the writing of this book. I think I did a good job of killing Carter's character, making him out to be the womanizer that he is, but other than that, all characters are alive and well and ready for drama.

W: What drives you to decide what your characters life should be like? Example: Shayla dreams of owning a flower shop, why a flower shop as opposed to a boutique or travel agency, etc. what goes on in your mind when you make that decision? 
T: Since Carter is a business executive, I wanted to give Shayla a passion that was the complete opposite of everything Carter knew. Of course he knows nothing about a flower shop and he would probably sees it as something minor in comparison to his high paying career. 

W: If you were to co-author Accidental Deception, who would you partner with and how do you imagine they may have influenced the book?
T: Hmm...so many choices! I guess I would choose Brenda Jackson. She's a fabulous romance author and I love her writing style. I think she would've contributed to the chemistry between Carter and Shayla, but I think I did a pretty good job, too

W: What's next for you?
T: I just released, Can’t Just Be His Friend, A Novel as well as Accidental Heartbreak. I am currently working on the third book in ‘The Accidental Trilogy’ as well as a novella. Be sure to check out my website to read excerpts and watch book trailers: www.tinamartin.net.

Book Blurb: Accidental Deception


Accidental Deception is a story about love versus loyalty, the tug-of-war that dictates
Kindle: $3.99
every action Carter Williams will take after he stumbles upon a homeless woman, Shayla Kline, in Uptown Charlotte. Completely out of character for the usually self-centered bachelor, he puts his life on hold to spend a few nights with the stranger in the hospital.



That’s when he makes an earth shattering discovery – Shayla was the fiancée of Jacob, his estranged brother. His brother who hated him. His brother who recently committed suicide. His brother who, despite the animosity between them, wrote him a suicide note asking him to take care of Shayla. 



Out of guilt and fulfillment of Jacob’s final wish, he moves Shayla into his home and gives her everything she needs to start over. The more she confides in him, the deeper their relationship grows and Carter not only wants to help her, he finds himself wanting desperately to love her, to be a man for her, to give her everything his brother could not. There’s only one problem – Shayla does not know that Jacob was his brother. Now, Carter wages an internal war within himself with his own morals – morals that tells him he should be loyal to his brother by not pursuing Shayla. But it’s hard to walk away from the only woman that has been able to awaken his heart.


Website: www.tinamartin.net
Twitter: @tinamartinbooks
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/authortinamartin1
You might also like:

About the Author

Most know me as the author to Fabulosity Reads and in actual fact, that is the previous name of this blog. I have since then moved my books to a Wordpress self-hosted blog so that I can have a place to show a different side of me which I am equally passionate about and that is marketing and personal development. I hope you will love being here, watching me grow as I share and learn. My highest hope is that we will grown and learn together in all disciplines affecting our lives. I'd LUUURRRVE to hear from you, so don't be shy...

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting me, Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great pleasure Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the interview and the premise of your story, Tina. Off to check out your book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome Kiru, happy to see you. I see you have been so productive as always. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you....

Subscribe
Get our latest posts directly in your email inbox.

What they says

Contact information

Email: Wendy.Ewurum@fabulosityreads.com Tel: 071 087 4833 South Africa Twitter: twitter.com/FabulosityReads Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fabmarketingandpr
Proudly Powered by Blogger.
back to top