Don't forget to visit Fabulosity Reads Book Blog

Aug 28, 2013

Jade Tallstar _WiP_ Poetry_I Am Moved

Posted by Wendy Ewurum  |  at  5:40 AM

I'd like your opinion today thats why I'm talking about poetry on a Wednesday.
I'm not schooled in anyway in this and its the first time I'm showing something I've written and especially asking for your opinion. I should also mention that I apologize if it offends you in anyway.
I've written a few things which i think may be poems, (may be) because I've no idea about rhymes and arrangement of stanzas, flow, etc. but i write as it comes. I thought it's about time some other eyes saw my scribbles.  I'm throwing it out there and hoping you will tell me.
1. Is there anything to this?
2. If yes, any advise for improvement
3. Hints and tips on writing poetry
4. My biggest fear is that I'm the only one that gets what I'm trying to say.....do you get me?

I AM MOVED

Everytime I think of you I am moved
I am moved in the depths of a woman
Parts only brought to shivers
By the memory of three words whispered
Of three words meant
Of three word lies

And yet still in the nadir parts of me I am moved
I'm places where many have failed
I am moved to flow as honey
Flows all fluid and hot,
in even deeper spaces
Flows that make me lean

Thinking of you I am moved
My heart gives an illusion
An illusion of a swell
Because I am moved by the memory
Of a glimpse,
Of a face, a hand, those lips
By the meaning in the look in your eyes

By the memory of you I am moved
To places unparalleled
To ecstasy unequalled
To experiences sublime

Just with the thought of you
I am moved
                    (Jade Tallstar)

Tagged as:
About the Author

Most know me as the author to Fabulosity Reads and in actual fact, that is the previous name of this blog. I have since then moved my books to a Wordpress self-hosted blog so that I can have a place to show a different side of me which I am equally passionate about and that is marketing and personal development. I hope you will love being here, watching me grow as I share and learn. My highest hope is that we will grown and learn together in all disciplines affecting our lives. I'd LUUURRRVE to hear from you, so don't be shy...

4 comments:

  1. I'm not an expert at poetry but I enjoyed this piece. I certainly think I got it. It's right up my alley. ;)

    If you need help on structure, I'd recommend checking out Adura Ojo's poetry blog. She writes them very well. I don't have the link right now. But you can search for her on Google.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kiru I'm so excited u liked it. I'm beside myself and I'll check her out thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll say that I like the flow of the words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh thnak you for that feedback Peaches. I' a little worried though about what you not saying LOL

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you....

Subscribe
Get our latest posts directly in your email inbox.

What they says

Contact information

Email: Wendy.Ewurum@fabulosityreads.com Tel: 071 087 4833 South Africa Twitter: twitter.com/FabulosityReads Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fabmarketingandpr
Proudly Powered by Blogger.
back to top