Don't forget to visit Fabulosity Reads Book Blog

Aug 23, 2013

Poetry Friday: Fun With Poems.

Posted by Wendy Ewurum  |  at  5:00 AM

These gave me such nice chuckles. I hope you like them.

A Crime Scene

by Albert Van Hoogmoed

There's been a murder, a woman was killed,
found in a bathtub, partially filled.

A pair of policemen went into the house
and questioned the poor woman's spouse.

He'd just come home from working all night
and found her like that, a terrible sight.

The younger policeman looked on with dismay.
He'd never forget that terrible day.

He saw the young woman from behind the door
and empty milk cartons all over the floor,

Scattered strawberries, slices of fruit,
and spoonfuls of sugar and honey to boot.

''Who could have done this terrible thing?''
His voice had a horrified, pitiful ring.

''Just look at the clues,'' replied Sargeant Miller.
''It looks like the work of a cereal killer.''

A Mugging

by David Axton

When my guard was down they attacked from behind
With a blow to the head - now I wake up to find
There's a sort of red mist in front of one eye
And my tongue's gone all rubbery and my mouth is so dry.

There's a part of my head that floats on its own
And a pain when I move that just makes me groan.
My stomach and its contents have ceased to be friends
And are now parting company via both ends.

I ought to get up but I'm frightened to try,
I just want to lie here and hope that I'll die.
I can't understand how I came to be caught
By those two nasty muggers - red wine and port.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was only a couple of weeks ago that I too had a mugging incident. The culpit was three glasses of Moet Rose' which hubby had commandeered from a promotion for me. The same husband had the time of his life laughing at my suffering the next day, especially when I commented while rushing to hug the toilet seat: I dont think alcohol is my portion.
I can categoracally assure you that, that was the hangover speaking. Whiskey and chardonnay remain drinks for the gods. 

About the Author

Most know me as the author to Fabulosity Reads and in actual fact, that is the previous name of this blog. I have since then moved my books to a Wordpress self-hosted blog so that I can have a place to show a different side of me which I am equally passionate about and that is marketing and personal development. I hope you will love being here, watching me grow as I share and learn. My highest hope is that we will grown and learn together in all disciplines affecting our lives. I'd LUUURRRVE to hear from you, so don't be shy...

0 WORDS OF THE WISE...:

I love hearing from you....

Subscribe
Get our latest posts directly in your email inbox.

What they says

Contact information

Email: Wendy.Ewurum@fabulosityreads.com Tel: 071 087 4833 South Africa Twitter: twitter.com/FabulosityReads Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fabmarketingandpr
Proudly Powered by Blogger.
back to top