Don't forget to visit Fabulosity Reads Book Blog

Sep 17, 2013

Snoop Dogg & His Weed

Posted by Wendy Ewurum  |  at  6:29 AM

Mail & Gaurdian
Floyd Mayweather beat up Canelo Alvarez this weekend.
  
And Snoop Dogg, whom  I have loved very much from back in my schools day (I don’t think there’s another rapper out there to date who could replace his flow), as a result of backing Mayweather won bet against a friend for a bag of Mexican weed (marijuana).
Now I could go on about how good or bad it is that he takes the stuff but that’s not my concern right now. I am more concerned that he is openly flaunting ownership of a contraband narcotic. Sending out pictures through instagram as you can see here.

I looked up the drug act VA § 18.2-250.1.
Which clearly states that Possession of marijuana unlawful. It says that knowingly or intentionally possessing weed is a punishable offence.

Now I don’t live in the United States, nor am I familiar with the laws but I do know that this is illegal in most places that are not Europe (anyway) and punishable by law. From the excerpt I read it says nothing about it being ok if in possession without intent to sell. Be that as it may I doubt very much that anything will happen to him really, no law enforcer will bother.

So I am questioning Snoops respect for the rule of law and personal integrity. Does he have none? And over and above this, what about the thousands of young people who look up to these people. Have they no regard for them? Those who end up dropping out of college because they get caught in habits glamorized by celebrities.

This is very disturbing and disappointing. And you know the site where I read this sounded rather complimentary of his winning than anything else.  What are your thoughts?

Oh and guess what. Our favourite favourite tounged strip club dancer, little Miley Cyrus, is said to smoke as much weed as Snoop does. Or so she says. ai yay yay....the way things change.

Guest Post Announcement:

Don't miss visiting my blog tomorrow. Karen Jones Gowen (chief Editor) at Wido Publishing will be telling
about bringing book characters alive. I had asked her to talk about creating believable voices as a result of reading some books recently from new authors who could really use the help. So dont miss out.


About the Author

Most know me as the author to Fabulosity Reads and in actual fact, that is the previous name of this blog. I have since then moved my books to a Wordpress self-hosted blog so that I can have a place to show a different side of me which I am equally passionate about and that is marketing and personal development. I hope you will love being here, watching me grow as I share and learn. My highest hope is that we will grown and learn together in all disciplines affecting our lives. I'd LUUURRRVE to hear from you, so don't be shy...

1 comment:

  1. I think some states have different rules about weed than the federal law. I like Snoop too :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you....

Subscribe
Get our latest posts directly in your email inbox.

What they says

Contact information

Email: Wendy.Ewurum@fabulosityreads.com Tel: 071 087 4833 South Africa Twitter: twitter.com/FabulosityReads Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fabmarketingandpr
Proudly Powered by Blogger.
back to top