Don't forget to visit Fabulosity Reads Book Blog

Oct 10, 2013

Olivia's Hamilton Wade pays a visit: #GuestPost

Posted by Wendy Ewurum  |  at  12:32 AM

I am so excited to introduce you to my Facebook buddy right here. I can't actually wait to read his book, Awakening Olivia North and I promise myself to make time real soon. Especially after having read this post . By the way I am always tickled by the way he refers to his main character or the book as a real person. You would swear its someone real that he's met outside of his imagination. 
Thank you H for writing a post with such disarming charm.
Reader I hope you like this post as much as I did.

Hi Wendy fans.


Firstly I would like to thank Wendy so much for her gracious invitation to write this guest blog post.

A little about me. I'm an Australian, I've been married three times, my hair becomes grayer by the day, and I have the most beautiful daughters imaginable, aged from 26 to 36. I've worked in many places around the world, including the U.S.A, India, Thailand, Malaysia, and of course, Australia.

I started writing my first novel in 1995 following a dream I'd had while living alone in a small studio apartment in Bangkok, Thailand. My dream gave me a couple of character names, a very sketchy plot outline, and a strong desire to write.  Two years later, having no idea what I was doing, I ended up with 60,000 words of an innocent teenage love story. This was published as an ebook in 2010, and following sales success to family and a few friends, I decided to take back publishing rights and will rewrite it with a view to adding more 'spice and mystery'. There didn't seem to be a huge market for innocent teenage love stories, although I loved the characters. I hope to republish it in the next couple of months, no doubt to rave reviews and unimagined riches. I've also started work on a new children's fantasy. Wait till you hear the joy of blue dragons playing soccer deep in a magic jungle. The child in me is most definitely alive and well.

My second novel, Awakening Olivia North, was self-published as both ebook and paperback about three months ago. I just received my first empowering royalty payment of $16.71 from Amazon for July sales, and in fact, I think I've already spent the majority of this on ebooks from other writers. There is a case to be made here for buying my books simply so I can expand my knowledge of other writers and be inspired to improve my own work.
Buy Olivia
In my humble and incredibly biased opinion, Awakening Olivia North is a beautiful love story.  It contains lessons for life, describes the warmth and charm of the Thai people, and has some very tender and sensual content. I hope Olivia's story will make readers smile, and give hope to women stuck in bad relationships that love can be rediscovered if they are brave enough to step outside their comfort zones. The male character, Andrew Walker is based on a composite of people I have known, along with many experiences from my own life. I measure the value of this story by the fact certain parts of it still bring tears to my eyes. Obviously, I am a sentimental and romantic old fart.

I doubt Awakening Olivia North will become a huge success, but it taught me an enormous amount, and I refuse to give up. I figure if I keep writing, my skills will improve and a modicum of talent shall someday emerge.  I can only pray my proof reading and editing skills improve also. Sad to say, at this stage, I am hopeless at both.

I believe any creative expression improves with practice, and in order to continue to do what we love, creative souls must try to be largely immune to criticism. I draw on past work experience to keep focused on writing when many around me fail to understand my passion and refusal to give up.  In the mid-1980's I had a chemical business, and with absolutely no knowledge of chemistry, I set out to develop a new range of products for the paint industry in Australia. I cannot count the number of people who told me I was insane for trying when others who had all the correct degrees and letters after their name had failed.

The net result was I succeeded, but not before making every mistake possible. I ended up failing more times than anyone could imagine, yet I never gave up. Surely I must be the poster boy for 'Trial and Error' chemistry.

Never let go of your dreams, never allow yourself to be told something can't be done, and never lose faith in your ability to shine no matter how many people think you may be crazy. Success comes from persisting when 99% of the world would have already given up and run off to get a 'real' job.

It has been such a pleasure writing this, and again, thank you Wendy for the opportunity. I send my smiles and best wishes to all.


Note from Wendy:

Awakening Olivia North is free at the moment so please download while you can. Click on the Buy LINK here.

Here are some links to Awakening Olivia North...

Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Wade/e/B00E7H4HPQ/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_1

Smashwords
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/343246

Olivia's website
http://www.awakeningolivianorth.com/


For other Guest Posts which have been featured on this blog you can go HERE.


About the Author

Most know me as the author to Fabulosity Reads and in actual fact, that is the previous name of this blog. I have since then moved my books to a Wordpress self-hosted blog so that I can have a place to show a different side of me which I am equally passionate about and that is marketing and personal development. I hope you will love being here, watching me grow as I share and learn. My highest hope is that we will grown and learn together in all disciplines affecting our lives. I'd LUUURRRVE to hear from you, so don't be shy...

4 comments:

  1. I love your warmth and honesty. A true writer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting story. Can't wait to read Awakening Olivia North :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He truly is Christina. Thanks for coming by. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post,Hamilton. I just added Awakening Olivia North to my collection. Can't wait to read it. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you....

Subscribe
Get our latest posts directly in your email inbox.

What they says

Contact information

Email: Wendy.Ewurum@fabulosityreads.com Tel: 071 087 4833 South Africa Twitter: twitter.com/FabulosityReads Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fabmarketingandpr
Proudly Powered by Blogger.
back to top