Don't forget to visit Fabulosity Reads Book Blog

Oct 11, 2013

The Best Words Ever Written In English......#Poetry Friday

Posted by Wendy Ewurum  |  at  12:30 AM

These are by far some of my most favourite words ever written in the English language.
One of the best memories I have is sitting in English class in my last year of high school listening to my teacher read poetry and this is one of the poems that stayed with me from that class.
I remember how hard I used to try to understand arrangement, the rhyme schemes, meter and illiteration, etc and how thrilled I'd be when I recognised what the poet had had been trying to achieve. I felt accomplished. But there were poems I truly just loved for the amount of depth carried in the words and this sonnet is one of those that never left my heart.











Sonnet 116 

Let me not to the marriage of true minds

Admit impediments. Love is not love

Which alters when it alteration finds,

Or bends with the remover to remove:

O no! it is an ever-fixed mark

That looks on tempests and is never shaken;

It is the star to every wandering bark,

Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken.

Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks

Within his bending sickle's compass come:

Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,

But bears it out even to the edge of doom.

If this be error and upon me proved,

I never writ, nor no man ever loved.



William Shakespeare
(1564 - 1616)

About the Author

Most know me as the author to Fabulosity Reads and in actual fact, that is the previous name of this blog. I have since then moved my books to a Wordpress self-hosted blog so that I can have a place to show a different side of me which I am equally passionate about and that is marketing and personal development. I hope you will love being here, watching me grow as I share and learn. My highest hope is that we will grown and learn together in all disciplines affecting our lives. I'd LUUURRRVE to hear from you, so don't be shy...

0 WORDS OF THE WISE...:

I love hearing from you....

Subscribe
Get our latest posts directly in your email inbox.

What they says

Contact information

Email: Wendy.Ewurum@fabulosityreads.com Tel: 071 087 4833 South Africa Twitter: twitter.com/FabulosityReads Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fabmarketingandpr
Proudly Powered by Blogger.
back to top