Don't forget to visit Fabulosity Reads Book Blog

Nov 19, 2013

A How Not To Write #howto for Chic Lit Love

Posted by Wendy Ewurum  |  at  4:52 AM

I can't believe I have Laura over writing #HowTo posts.
If you love romance and chic lit this is  a lady whose work you simply have to follow. 
I love romantic fiction with a lot of quirk, humour, shocking twists and no run of the mill story lines and that's probably why Laura's stories have been reblogged here many times over.
I just love her.
Laura also has a writerly project with a difference going on right now and I hope we can all pitch in to make it happen.

Laura Bambrey
Hello folks- thank you Wendy for letting me hijack your blog!

So I guess this is a pretty odd post for a “How To”- more of a “How Not To” – but sometimes that’s one of the most vital pieces of info out there.

You see, I love writing- have spent hours slowly driving myself crazy sat at my desk alone with just my imaginary friends for company.  And then it dawned on me- the thing I love isn’t writing. It’s books. And authors. And readers. And the world of literature. 

To be a part of that world, I figured that I had to be a writer- especially as I’d arrived in my late twenties minus any training that would allow me to be a part of that world. But my main problem wasn’t that I couldn’t write – it was that I like people far too much to sit in a room and hang out inside my own head. I like to gossip too much!

Then it dawned on me- what do you get if you mix authors and books and readers and writers and publishers? A festival! And what do I have experience in and love to do? Event management.

And so Chick Lit Love Fest was born.

So here’s the exciting bit: Carole Matthews, Talli Roland and Alexandra Potter all speaking at the same event. Just add in a couple of hundred fans just like me, readings, book signings, a cupcake party and the most beautiful venue ever and you’ve got my ideal event- and I can make that happen. What’s not to love?!

So – a date for your diaries – 5th April 2014 at Dartington Hall, near Totnes, Devon.

The only thing missing is the funding. These days, that’s only a minor glitch with Kickstarter out there to help get funding for creative projects. 

Sure, I had to discover that I’m not a videographer or a graphic designer and so had to rope in two fantastic people to help me with my film and my logo (my first attempts at these will be ritualistically sacrificed!)

So – the “how to” is quite basic:
1. What exactly is it you love? (Chick Lit & books & writers not writing!)
2. Play to your strengths (Love of people and organising)
3. Eat humble pie (admit the bits you need help with)
4. Work out how to make it happen (Kickstarter and social media)
5. Go for it! (because otherwise you’ll never know!)

Please pop in and take a peek at my Kickstarter page- there are some fab rewards and you can back the project for anything from just £1! I have 30 days to raise £5000 – please help me make this happen!





About the Author

Most know me as the author to Fabulosity Reads and in actual fact, that is the previous name of this blog. I have since then moved my books to a Wordpress self-hosted blog so that I can have a place to show a different side of me which I am equally passionate about and that is marketing and personal development. I hope you will love being here, watching me grow as I share and learn. My highest hope is that we will grown and learn together in all disciplines affecting our lives. I'd LUUURRRVE to hear from you, so don't be shy...

1 comment:

  1. Wendy- thanks so much for having me here on your gorgeous site :)
    Laura x

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you....

Subscribe
Get our latest posts directly in your email inbox.

What they says

Contact information

Email: Wendy.Ewurum@fabulosityreads.com Tel: 071 087 4833 South Africa Twitter: twitter.com/FabulosityReads Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fabmarketingandpr
Proudly Powered by Blogger.
back to top