Don't forget to visit Fabulosity Reads Book Blog

Nov 21, 2013

#ILOVEINDIE_ eBooks From This Reader's Perspective: Lisa Salvary

Posted by Wendy Ewurum  |  at  10:19 AM

Photo
That's not Lisa, but her famous lions.
I promise to show you real ones when
you come to SA Lisa, The Lion Park
is a10 minute drive from my house.
I've been discovering so many indie authors because of indie eBook publishing and thanks to Amazon for so many freebies and deals. So, I have 2,000+ eBooks on my Kindle Fire on a variety of subjects. 

I've been discovering so many indie authors because of indie eBook publishing and thanks to Amazon for so many freebies and deals. So, I have 2,000+ eBooks on my Kindle Fire on a variety of subjects.

I have cookbooks, self-help books, investment books, and so on. However, the largest genre I own is romance, which is surprising because I didn't get into it until I got the eBook freebies. I thought, "What the heck? I'll try them; they're free." There were so many romance novels and series in the Top 100 Free list of eBooks on Amazon that I ended up 'buying' some. And then I got hooked with a few of them.
I've read romantic thrillers, mysteries, spy stories, erotica, bdsm as well as chick lit. I even found myself trying out genres like paranormal and historical romances. I could tell not to far into a book whether I liked the main characters and the storyline to continue reading it. It's quite popular to have a young adult and 'new adult' (20-25 y/o) characters, but I also enjoy ones with mature adults (25+ y/o).

I've been observing how the indie authors publish their romance books. They release mainly eBooks and paperbacks. Personally, I prefer eBooks as they can be revised by the authors and the updates downloaded easily; I can highlight, bookmark, make notes and undo all of those; and, most of all, I can take my library with me when I am out-and-about.

Of course, with a paperback, a company can't suddenly remove one of your books. That apparently happened to some erotica indie authors about a month ago when Amazon, Kobo, and WHSmith decided to censor some titles. What an unpleasant surprise for those who were affected.
In eBooks, there are more options for the romance stories: novels, novellas, anthologies, boxsets, trilogies, and series. Some trilogies have breakout, side novellas revealing the male or a side character's POV. This is great when you are so into a series, you don't want it to end. 
One example is Lisa Renee Jones' Inside Out series with the trilogy: If I Were You, Being Me, Revealing Us. Then there are Rebecca's Lost Journals novellas and Master Undone novella (his POV) included in the reading order.

Red Phoenix published her Brie books initially in a series of novellas and then published the compilation of the novellas as full-length novels: Brie Learns the Art of Submission and the sequel, Brie Embraces the Heart of Submission, After Graduation

By revealing the novel in novellas, it allowed me to get caught up in the novel as she was writing it. Pretty cool!

I especially like the eBook boxsets because as many as 10 novels from different authors may be included. It's fun to have such a variety at an affordable price and to discover new authors.
I truly doubt that if not for the romance freebies that introduced me to so many authors that I would have gotten hooked on the genre. It's also great not to have the naughty covers showing!


However you choose to read it, book or eBook, I hope you are enjoying some romance stories by indie authors.

Authors you can connect with Lisa here:




About the Author

Most know me as the author to Fabulosity Reads and in actual fact, that is the previous name of this blog. I have since then moved my books to a Wordpress self-hosted blog so that I can have a place to show a different side of me which I am equally passionate about and that is marketing and personal development. I hope you will love being here, watching me grow as I share and learn. My highest hope is that we will grown and learn together in all disciplines affecting our lives. I'd LUUURRRVE to hear from you, so don't be shy...

0 WORDS OF THE WISE...:

I love hearing from you....

Subscribe
Get our latest posts directly in your email inbox.

What they says

Contact information

Email: Wendy.Ewurum@fabulosityreads.com Tel: 071 087 4833 South Africa Twitter: twitter.com/FabulosityReads Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fabmarketingandpr
Proudly Powered by Blogger.
back to top