Don't forget to visit Fabulosity Reads Book Blog

Jan 2, 2014

An Opportunity To Start Over Again And This Is How I'm Doing It: #HAPPYNEWYEAR

Posted by Wendy Ewurum  |  at  11:23 AM

I started writing this post yesterday but then it got too emotional as I reflected back on last year. 
I don’t think it’s necessary to get all soppy at this point, suffice to say, the beginning was the complete opposite of the end and for that I am eternally grateful to my God. 
By His grace everything is made beautiful again.

This is also an update for a bloghop I am part of hosted by Misha at The Five Year Project.
 Its a wonderful hop whereby we set goals for whatever amount of time and then we periodically check on each other.

This hop is also why my goals are very specific when it comes to financial aspirations for this year. With the support of this group I know I can make my dent to get there.

My 2014  list is very short compared to previous years. 
It consists of Family, Health, Blogging and Writing.

Family
Things have been going good on this front so work on getting it even better. 
You drop the ball and things seem to fall apart on their own volition.

Health
This is the usual suspect……the weight thing…but seriously, things are getting out of hand. Right now I’m eating Mnqhusho at 08:45AM ….. it’s a staple Xhosa dish of broken and peeled corn kernels and kidney beans. See what I mean? Starch and Protien….

Writing
I have a short story written half way through. I got distracted halfway through with setting up the book tour service but will be getting back into it in the new year, no later then February

Blogging 
As some of you know, I lost my consulting business about two ago because of a life changing event (out of my hands). 
I cried, dusted myself off and got up again.  You only fail when you stay down right?
Things happen for a reason, always. Now I have invested all my time to my blogging which other than my family is my biggest love. As a result of my wonderful online friends’ support and advice, I started Fabulosity Reads Book Promotions.  Doors opened last November and it’s been great. 
Check out what clients are saying thus far. COMPLIMENTS
And every client has been by word of mouth. I love you guys.

I aim to create a primary source of income out of my online activities. 
The ground work for the book tour service has been laid well I think. The work for the next twelve months is to get it to generate $5000 US...(not Zimbabwean) a month by next October. 
Yeah, I said it. 5000 SMACKAROOS A MONTH! 
 I've been told you gotta name it to claim it. You've done well here Kenny Boykin, you got me namin'it.
By the way, Kenny is one of the most marvelous people I came across in 2014. I love his wisdom and generous spirit. I don't know about you but every so often I need someone to help me screw my head on straight. That's my go to guy blogger. Check him out: KennyBoykin.com

And last on my list, still under blogging, I want to boost my free promotions profile. I’ve already started working on a process that allows me to set up FREE eBook promo’s for authors of my favorite genres, which will drive themselves as my time gets more committed to running the paid tours. I am getting great feedback on how great a value add this service has been to thoses authors I've helped thus far.
That’s it from yours truly. 
Let us all focus on just being positive this year. Whether we achieve everything on the list or not…..going part of the way is better than not having started.

Here’s to coming out on the winning side of challenges and soaking in the joys of life in the year to come.

HAPPY NEW YEAR





About the Author

Most know me as the author to Fabulosity Reads and in actual fact, that is the previous name of this blog. I have since then moved my books to a Wordpress self-hosted blog so that I can have a place to show a different side of me which I am equally passionate about and that is marketing and personal development. I hope you will love being here, watching me grow as I share and learn. My highest hope is that we will grown and learn together in all disciplines affecting our lives. I'd LUUURRRVE to hear from you, so don't be shy...

6 comments:

  1. Good luck with your new venture. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, Wendy! And here's to coming out on top in 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for dropping in and I wish you well this year too.
    You short Christmas story was so funny Richard, I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same thing here on the weight situation.

    I'm originally from the Free State so krummelpap is my frenemy. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Misha dont even start on krummelpap. My eldest daughter could live on it and nkomasi everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you're going to have a fab year. May you meet your goals!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you....

Subscribe
Get our latest posts directly in your email inbox.

What they says

Contact information

Email: Wendy.Ewurum@fabulosityreads.com Tel: 071 087 4833 South Africa Twitter: twitter.com/FabulosityReads Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fabmarketingandpr
Proudly Powered by Blogger.
back to top