Don't forget to visit Fabulosity Reads Book Blog

Jan 18, 2014

And the Oscar goes to...Dinasours and Boobs: Saturday #Trivia

Posted by Wendy Ewurum  |  at  1:00 AM

For some reason I always miss the Oscars.
I always get sidetracked by something or other, even my memory. So this year I thought i must start talking about them early so I can keep them within sight.
Here's what I found out so far.


Chris Hemsworth announced the nominees for the 86th Annual Academy Awards live from the Samuel Goldwyn Theater in Beverly Hills, Calif., on Thursday, Jan. 16. Joined by Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences president Cheryl Boone Isaacs, the In the Heart of the Sea star revealed which actors, directors, animators, screenwriters and more are being honored at this year's ceremony.
The Oscars will be broadcast live from Hollywood's Dolby Theatre on Sunday, March 2, at 7 p.m. EST.
Ellen DeGeneres is hosting the star-studded event, which will air on ABC; she previously emceed in 2007. "There will be no shortage of comedy with Ellen DeGeneres as our host," producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron said in a statement. "There may also be a few musical surprises along the way."
Chiwetel Ejiofor, Michael Fassbender, 12 Years a Slave, Twelve Years a Slave

BEST PICTURE
American Hustle
Captain Phillips
Dallas Buyers Club
Gravity
Her
Nebraska
Philomena
12 Years a Slave
The Wolf of Wall Street
BEST DIRECTOR
Alfonso Cuarón, Gravity
Steve McQueen, 12 Years a Slave
Alexander Payne, Nebraska
David O. Russell, American Hustle
Martin Scorsese, The Wolf of Wall Street
Read on for the rest of the article and the complete list of 86th Annual Academy Awards nominees:




I am fascinated by the pre-historic era, the encient world, history and archeology as a whole.
If I could start over this is what I'd do. So I love sharing the stories I come across. Especially since i live a 10min drive from the Sterkfontein Caves now also called the Cradle Of Humankind World Heritage Site where we are told by those that know in the this is where humanity began.
But today I'm sharing news about Arabian Dinasaurs.

Arabianbusiness.com
A team of international researchers has found the first dinosaur remains ever in Saudi Arabia, identifying two species that lived in what is now the Red Sea coastal region more than 72 million years ago, the Al Medina newspaper reported Sunday.

The scientists discovered parts of the tail of a Titanosaurus, a type of vegetarian dinosaur that measured at least 20 meters (66 feet) long, and some of the teeth of another dinosaur.
“This discovery is important not only for the fossils that were found, but also because of the fact that they have been able to be identified,” Benjamin Ker, the scientist in charge of the project and a researcher at Sweden’s Uppsala University, said.

These are the first dinosaur remains found on the Arabian Peninsula, Ker said.
The scarcity of fossils on the Arabian Peninsula is due to the fact that the sedimentary rocks there were formed in valleys and rivers during a geological epoch when there were few dinosaurs, Tom Rich, a member of Australia’s Museum Victoria, told the newspaper.
Remains similar to the ones found in Saudi Arabia have already been unearthed in North Africa, Madagascar and South America, Rich said.

The research team is comprised of Swedish, Australian and Saudi scientists from the University of Uppsala, the Museum Victoria, Australia’s Monash University and the Saudi Geological Service.

Source



Oh I can remember the excitement like it was yesterday...... :( can;t believe my breastfeeding years are well and truly over.
funny-baby-surprise-face-staring

HAVE A MARVELOUS WEEKEND EVERYONE!!! oh i just love this face.

About the Author

Most know me as the author to Fabulosity Reads and in actual fact, that is the previous name of this blog. I have since then moved my books to a Wordpress self-hosted blog so that I can have a place to show a different side of me which I am equally passionate about and that is marketing and personal development. I hope you will love being here, watching me grow as I share and learn. My highest hope is that we will grown and learn together in all disciplines affecting our lives. I'd LUUURRRVE to hear from you, so don't be shy...

0 WORDS OF THE WISE...:

I love hearing from you....

Subscribe
Get our latest posts directly in your email inbox.

What they says

Contact information

Email: Wendy.Ewurum@fabulosityreads.com Tel: 071 087 4833 South Africa Twitter: twitter.com/FabulosityReads Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fabmarketingandpr
Proudly Powered by Blogger.
back to top