Don't forget to visit Fabulosity Reads Book Blog

Jan 8, 2014

Chatting to Brandy L Rivers author of Others of Edenton series: Interview

Posted by Wendy Ewurum  |  at  2:00 PM

I'd like to introduce you to Brandy L Rivers everyone. 
I admire Brandy's works and even more her commitment to her crafts. 
I thought your would enjoy getting a little glimpse into the paranormal world through her books. 

277My name is Brandy L Rivers. I’m a wife and mother of three with an overactive imagination. I’ve been obsessed with monsters and magic for pretty much ever.  So I decided to write the stories that keep me awake at night.



I’m going to get right into it Brandy, you have a series out called Others of Edenton. In three lines describe it for us.
 Strong women, hot men, lots of Others. This town has it all. Werewolves, vampires, mages, druids, fae and so many more. Everyone in the town interacts, it’s more than just the romance of two characters.

Was writing a series a conscious decision made from the beginning or did it evolve?
No. Initially, I wrote several stories that didn’t tie in together. As I went through In Too Deep more and more, it came together. I love all of the side characters and the more I worked, the more I wanted to explore everyone else. So it definitely evolved.

What do you think carries your readers from book to book because there are quite a few of them? What keeps them coming back?
I hope it’s because they are as invested in my characters as I am. I plan many more. There are so many interesting characters to get to know and fall in love with.

Let’s talk a little about the genre, what kind of paranormal fantasy do you write?
Urban Fantasy? I am not an expert on fine-tuning my genre. I figure Urban or maybe Suburban Fantasy. It’s basically set in the here and now, just add in monsters and magic.

What led you to picking these kinds of creatures as the characters? What attracts and connects you to them?
I have an overactive imagination and an obsession with Werewolves, mages, vampires, fae and everything else. I like bringing my own twist into it. I can’t pick just one creature or caster, so I use them all. I like diversity

Out of all of the books you’ve written in the series so far, what would be your favorite and why?
Falling Ebook
Falling Into Place. I actually started it before In Too Deep, but it fell apart 3-4 chapters in 62 times. I have the files to prove it. I always knew it was Robert and Liz, but they were missing something… or someone. I brought Tremaine in and it all fell into place. Funny thing is, it was the easiest book to name.


Which character is both a favorite and the problem child?
Oh, both favorite and problem child? Probably Preston and Dacia. They both can be a serious pain, but I love them both. When we meet Dacia, she has a serious obsession she can’t get over. She’s slowly growing up though. Preston, well, he’s ready to grow up. He is such a page hog though. He keeps showing up when I don’t plan for him too and stealing the show.

If you had to choose a character to kill, which one would, you absolutely not even consider killing and which would be in the top two choices?
I’m not killing Fallon or Jess. I think I put Brody and Slater through enough. Who would I kill? I’ve been killing people off. Darla barely lived, but I had a healer right there so I couldn’t kill her when I had initially planned. However, probably Emily. You don’t even want to know how many times I wanted to kill her while writing Falling Into Place.

What are your ambitions for the Others of Edenton Series?
To keep telling stories until I run out of stories to tell. I have plenty with in my world. I am already planning to do a spinoff. Same world, they will interact, but the other series is based in Seattle, which isn’t far from Edenton

Since you wrote the series, have you second-guessed or reinterpreted any of the experiences you describe in it?
No. Once they are set, they are set. Though there are some twists coming in Jamie’s book which will be the next Others of Edenton book. I can’t say any more than that.

What other genre besides the one you are writing about now would you like to venture into writing?
Fantasy. I may do a story or two set in Faerie. Contemporary, if I ever find time, I will fix a nano project I wrote a couple years ago. It was Contemporary Romance. Science Fiction, did I mention I’m a geek? Yeah, well I am.

Who are your favorite authors that are out now?
There are so many. Magen McMinimy is one of my current favorites. I love her work and she is a good friend I had the fortune of meeting last year. Lauren Dane, I love the worlds and relationships she creates. Laurel K Hamilton, I love her books. JR Ward, and her vamps. Sarah M Cradit writes wonderfully flawed characters. I love how real it feels, even when she branches into fantasy type things. F Paul Wilson and how he ties his stories into one another.

What do you think is the hardest thing about being a writer?
BLR – Editing. It’s my least favorite, but totally necessary.
If you hadn’t become a writer, what do you think you would be doing right now?
BLR - Stay at Home Mom, which I’m doing already.

One word:
Something you are always grateful for…… Family
Something you could do without…… Coffee
Love is…….. Wonderful
I love waking up to…….. Snuggles
This invigorates me……. Writing

Creativity to me is like….. A
a) cultivating a garden,
b) wooing a bird or
c) hunting a boar?

Tell us about the book/s you will be giving to one lucky commenter here.
Let’s go with Others of Edenton – Box Set (Unless thereathose, and then I’ll send them Falling Into Place)

About  Others of Edenton: What better way to get immersed into a town full of paranormals than to read the first four titles in the series. Get to know a psychic werewolf, a fair Alpha, an independent druid, a broken hearted werewolf, pretty nymph, cocky mage, and grumpy fae sheriff all in one place. There’s more too.
What would you like to achieve in 2014 through your writing?
BLR – Expanding my world, bringing more action, adventure and romance into the mix.

Currently FREE for download
NB Free

PLEASE SHARE THIS POST IF YOU ENJOYED THIS INTERVIEW.
DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT FOR A CHANCE AT THE BOXSET.

Where to get hold of Brandy:

www.brandylrivers.com
www.facebook.com/brandylrivers
www.twitter.com/brandylrivers




About the Author

Most know me as the author to Fabulosity Reads and in actual fact, that is the previous name of this blog. I have since then moved my books to a Wordpress self-hosted blog so that I can have a place to show a different side of me which I am equally passionate about and that is marketing and personal development. I hope you will love being here, watching me grow as I share and learn. My highest hope is that we will grown and learn together in all disciplines affecting our lives. I'd LUUURRRVE to hear from you, so don't be shy...

1 comment:

I love hearing from you....

Subscribe
Get our latest posts directly in your email inbox.

What they says

Contact information

Email: Wendy.Ewurum@fabulosityreads.com Tel: 071 087 4833 South Africa Twitter: twitter.com/FabulosityReads Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fabmarketingandpr
Proudly Powered by Blogger.
back to top