Don't forget to visit Fabulosity Reads Book Blog

Jan 7, 2014

How to Back Up Your Blogger Hosted Blog: Very Simple #Tutorial

Posted by Wendy Ewurum  |  at  2:00 PM



I cannot emphasize enough how important backing up your blog is.
Especially if it is linked to generating income for you such as through your writing.
We are often lulled into a false sense of security by what we imagine to be dependable Google systems and blogging hostware.
This is misleading. 
THIS IS NOT THE CONDITION WE ARE LOOKING FOR 
These systems loose information permanently all the time and the headache you get while trying to get assistance is monumental.
When disaster strikes we should never be paralyzed due to lack of housekeeping and preparation.
And worst case, which has happened to me on blogger and wordpress, you can lose entire blogs to oblivion and no one will ever be able to help you trace them back. We all know how helpful Google customer service is…..not.

But this would have been avoided had I taken just two minutes of my time to backup my blogs on the regular. I do this on twice a month but you can adjust the frequency depending on how often you post. If you are a very frequent poster, I suggest you rev it op to at least once a week on your schedule.
This is the process to follow. Incredibly simple.
You need to access your admin panel and you can do this by logging in from the back end or from you homepage. from your homepage acccess the DESIGN panel.
It takes you to this page where you need to select SETTINGS which is the last option. See arrow.

When settings is open you need to select the last option here to entitled: “OTHER”
Click on EXPORT BLOG as in the picture below.
Click DOWNLOAD on the pop up screen.


Depending on where your downloads go, locate it on that folder on your computer.
As you can see mine went straight to my downloads folder. The folder contents are reflected on the right in blogger code.
This file means no matter what happens to your current blog, you will still have a file to upload at a new location (God forbid) or in case you need to fix something on your current blog.


Copy the file and store it safely in a location you will remember should calamity strike.




















And that's it for today's Tuesday #HOWTO. I'm thinking of doing a post on changing your blogger template for next week. There are many lovely free ones online, such as the one from my blog. 
I've been coming across so many blogger friends blogs which are simply lack luster... what do you think?

I'd love to hear what you thought of this post in particular and if it worked for you. I'm new to these blogger tutorials and I'd like to make them worthwhile to the people who read them so yoru feedback in invaluable.

PLEASE SHARE THIS POST IF YOU FOUND IT USEFUL 
AND................. 
I'D LOVE FOR YOU TO SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWS LETTER OR FOLLOW MY BLOG.

Other tutorials you may find interesting:




About the Author

Most know me as the author to Fabulosity Reads and in actual fact, that is the previous name of this blog. I have since then moved my books to a Wordpress self-hosted blog so that I can have a place to show a different side of me which I am equally passionate about and that is marketing and personal development. I hope you will love being here, watching me grow as I share and learn. My highest hope is that we will grown and learn together in all disciplines affecting our lives. I'd LUUURRRVE to hear from you, so don't be shy...

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the information. I'm definitely sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you Nana.
    I'm so happy its useful to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bookmarked!!! Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was great. I've heard so many stories about lost blogs.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you....

Subscribe
Get our latest posts directly in your email inbox.

What they says

Contact information

Email: Wendy.Ewurum@fabulosityreads.com Tel: 071 087 4833 South Africa Twitter: twitter.com/FabulosityReads Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fabmarketingandpr
Proudly Powered by Blogger.
back to top