Don't forget to visit Fabulosity Reads Book Blog

Jan 21, 2014

How to Leave an Elegant Link to your Blog in a #Blogger Comment: Tutorial

Posted by Wendy Ewurum  |  at  4:54 AM

You are getting this tutorial because our beloved sexy #Blogger creators sadly seem to not have figured out how to include a menu that allows quick input of your URL in other people’s blogs.
Personally I like this feature that I often come across on other blogs because other commenters are provided quick access to mine instead of having to click on my profile and hope for the best at G+ or googling my name. This is just one reason why I like it. There are more benefits to the feature.
As a result, what I have done now and again in desperation is paste my whole link in my comment as I sign off like this:

SEE ARROW


There are several things wrong with this picture. 

  • First is downright tacky blogging behavior.
  • Second the link to the post does not actually work so the person you are leaving it for will have to copy and paste it into a new browser tab.
  • Three,  it just reeks desperation. Direct translation: please come over to my blog and visit because I’m so desparate for visitors I will spam other people’s blogs to get you. That’s how I feel anyway when I see this on my blog therefore I imagine other people feel the same when I do it to.

So today we are putting a stop to the tackiness with another blogger enhancement tutorial. This is a very easy one. Let me show you what we want to achieve.

SEE ARROW
Do you see that the name of my blog is highlighted in a different color? That’s because it contains my blog link.

This is how it’s done:

Open up the Blogger hosted blog you want to insert a comment on, you can use any of my posts for practice as long as your comment is not completely unrelated.
Or even check out this one if you need help: How To Back Up Your Blog

STEP 1

Open the comment tab at the bottom of the post. Mine is entitled: #GREAT COMMENTS
Write your comment and sign off with your name.

STEP 2

Next to, or under your name, copy and paste the URL below.
Where I have my URL in red, replace it with yours.
Where my blog name is written in blue, replace it with yours.

STEP 3

Click post comment to submit and watch your link turn into something beautifully convenient.

<a href="http://fabulosityreads.blogspot.com/">Fabulosity Reads</a>

Test your link by clicking on your blog name. If your  blog comes up then my job is done here.
If not, give me a shout.


Of course as always I welcome comments and feedback.
You can also find more interesting blogging discussions and tutorials on the sidebar.

IF YOU FOUND THIS POST INTERESTING OR USEFUL PLEASE HELP ME SHARE IT.
I WOULD ALSO LOVE FOR US TO FOLLOW EACH OTHER'S BLOGS VIA 
GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT AT THE TOP OF THIS POST.
YOU HAVE A MARVELOUS DAY FURTHER AND REMEMBER TO LEAVE A BLOG LINK IN COMMENTS BELOW.

About the Author

Most know me as the author to Fabulosity Reads and in actual fact, that is the previous name of this blog. I have since then moved my books to a Wordpress self-hosted blog so that I can have a place to show a different side of me which I am equally passionate about and that is marketing and personal development. I hope you will love being here, watching me grow as I share and learn. My highest hope is that we will grown and learn together in all disciplines affecting our lives. I'd LUUURRRVE to hear from you, so don't be shy...

24 comments:

  1. I've always wondered how that's done. Thanks for the tip.

    Maya

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why I write them....I'm glad you found it usefu Maya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip! Now for the moment of truth (**one eye closed**).

    BukiBelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm trying again cos it didn't work. No vex ehn. x

    BukiBelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!! It worked! Ok, I'll stop spamming your page now. Lol.Thanks a lot Wendy. Very useful tip! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spam along Buki. I love it. I enjoyed your post too by the way. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great! When I see a link like this in my comments I start blessing people left and right. It's that convenient :D

    Writing Through College

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know right? I'm so happy you left your.....made it easy to hop over to you

    ReplyDelete
  9. In the past two weeks of encountering you, I have learned so much. Thank you. Now to try my hand at your lesson.
    Nana Prah

    ReplyDelete
  10. It worked. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW. I am so honored by that compliment Nana. Thank you gurrrl. xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your blog has given us valuable information. Any and all tips of your message is great. Thanks for sharing. You keep blogging.

    www.gofastek.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. My absolute pleasure Cindy. I look forward to seeing a link in your signature next time,

    ReplyDelete
  14. This was a great tutorial thanks so much
    I always try and visit people who leave messages and half the time I can't. At least now I know people will always be able to find me HINT HINT
    Lady Bren

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wendy this is awesome! Looking forward to following you and sharing your valuable wisdom.

    Tonya @ Lights! Voices! Action!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you Tonya, glad you liked it and thanks for dropping in,

    ReplyDelete
  17. Helpful stuff, Wendy.. I don't do it mostly 'cause I'm too lazy to do it each time,.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you so much for dropping in Castro and JL.
    JL I always make sure that I have it handy on my desk to alreads saved in the the format i will use t in, eg wendy at code.....this way i have it on copy paste for all my visits.
    Otherwise its easy to fall into not doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for the tip, Wendy, I'm gonna try it.

    Cordially, Jackie Weger
    Accent on romance

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome Jackie. Thanks for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for the tutorial, Wendy.

    Lisa
    PR Mktg Sales

    ReplyDelete
  22. Here goes..first try...

    Lisa Day @ Now Blogging

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you....

Subscribe
Get our latest posts directly in your email inbox.

What they says

Contact information

Email: Wendy.Ewurum@fabulosityreads.com Tel: 071 087 4833 South Africa Twitter: twitter.com/FabulosityReads Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fabmarketingandpr
Proudly Powered by Blogger.
back to top