Don't forget to visit Fabulosity Reads Book Blog

Jan 9, 2014

TRENDING BLOGGER OF THE MONTH: LISA DAY from Fabulosity Reads Tour Host Team

Posted by Wendy Ewurum  |  at  3:03 PM

I have a competiton whereby each month a tour host is promoted by yours truly for an entire week, here on the blog and on social media.
I am very pleased to bring you Lisa Day who won the December competition for this honor.


ABOUT LISA:

Lisa Day hails from New Jersey before 'Jersey Girls' became famous. Living in the south for so long she now thinks of herself as a retired southern bell, just born in the wrong century. So, what else is a girl to do but write those pesky stories that live within her head.
Lisa has no desire to be the next big writer. She didn’t start her writing adventure till she was retired. Not having the compulsion to write while young she has no skills to fall back on, or maybe she’d say fall on as ‘fall on a sword.’ Either way, she puts her books out there for people to read with the hope they will find the story interesting enough to over look the lack of a formal training.

Her latest adventure has been to design and sell her bead jewelry creations. Some are posted at:
                                          https://www.facebook.com/dobeadsnmore

So Lisa what is it that you enjoy the most about your blog?  
Once I figured out how to simplify the blog format I was able to removed the stress of being a new blogger who had very little to share in the cyber world except my own books. That was until I learned that many other authors have lots of  information and books to share.

What would you say readers look for when they visit you?
Of course, there are my own books there.  I use the main blog page to share when others or myself have something to say or share in a regular blog format.

'What's This Blog"-
I feature other writer's work  and use a quick read layout. I know I don't have the time to read a blog that's takes too much time. And knowing time is precious to most people "What's This" is usually short and sweet details on a writers latest book.

"Oldie but Goodies" Blog- 
I feature my own (At the moment) collection of favorite authors that have been writing for over twenty years. I would love a guest  reader or writer to contribute theirs.

How critical would you say blogging is to a writer?
I would say Very. Even if the writer doesn't blog in the usual sense. The writer needs to find a balance that works for them. The readers that like your books will search for you online and  you short change only yourself if the reader doesn't find you.

And a little something about one of her books:


Wolfkeeper's Woman is a story about a woman raised in an orphanage who was never given choices about her own life, and when old enough to make choices Cassie was too afraid to.

After marrying and moving to a homestead in the wilds of Kentucky, her home is attacked by Indians. They kill her husband and  take her son Timothy for another woman who has no children of her own to raise. Continually, Cassie will struggle to regain control of her son.

The warrior Wolfkeeper now has the responsibly for her and considers her an enemy. When another brave points out Cassie's physical attributes he becomes fraught with mixed emotions, and his desire for her grows. Being wise enough not to be rush into something he will regret, Wolfkeeper takes his time and sorts out his true intentions. He will eventually decide he wants a future with her and begins an effort to win her over.

The People refer to her as a ghostwoman because after her child is given away she is not allowed the see, touch or talk to him ever again, as if she is actually dead. To remain in the same village as her son she must learn to accept the role forced upon her. Cassie soon realizes the brave whose lodge she shares is now looking at her through different eyes. He begins to try to show her their path does not have to be full of pain and sorrow.

Wolfkeeper uses his complete control over her as a way to get her to understand she will have no choice, but to eventually submit to him. To increase her dilemma his starts a campaign to prove she does also in fact return his desire. Cassie will experience wrath, fear, mixed with tenderness, loyalty, and compassion at his hands. She must learn to understand, forgive, and accept her new life to find peace. Finding the peace leads her to discover that she needs to choose. A choice only she alone can make.

Her author page is here: https://www.facebook.com/LisaDayAuthor
Her books are for sale here: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A31PMO0



About the Author

Most know me as the author to Fabulosity Reads and in actual fact, that is the previous name of this blog. I have since then moved my books to a Wordpress self-hosted blog so that I can have a place to show a different side of me which I am equally passionate about and that is marketing and personal development. I hope you will love being here, watching me grow as I share and learn. My highest hope is that we will grown and learn together in all disciplines affecting our lives. I'd LUUURRRVE to hear from you, so don't be shy...

4 comments:

  1. It was a wonderful pleasure doing it Lisa. Thank you for hosting my tours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Lisa sounds like an interesting person as writer. It is very nice of you to feature your blog hosts this way.
    I too review books and I am following you for future hosts opps.

    I also wanted to say that I hope to connect with you at the Blogathon Bash in January. It is on Jan. 24-26th. It should be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh awesome Naila and thank you so much for dropping in. The blogathos had completely escaped my mind so I'm really glad you stopped by

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you....

Subscribe
Get our latest posts directly in your email inbox.

What they says

Contact information

Email: Wendy.Ewurum@fabulosityreads.com Tel: 071 087 4833 South Africa Twitter: twitter.com/FabulosityReads Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fabmarketingandpr
Proudly Powered by Blogger.
back to top