Don't forget to visit Fabulosity Reads Book Blog

Feb 17, 2014

Angel Time by Anne rice: Book #Review

Posted by Wendy Ewurum  |  at  4:00 AM





READ BLURB ON AMAZON
Author: Anne Rice
Publisher: Cornerstone Digital (June 2, 2011) 
Genre: Paranormal 
Themes: Angels, Divinity, Redemption, Judaisim and Cathlicisim
Format: Paperback
Pages: 265

AMAZON
I bought this book, not for its promises made by a book blurb or the fact that it was written by the legendary Anne Rice. 
I bought it because of a reference made to it in the author’s memoir Called Out Of darkness (A Spiritual Confession).
Anne Rice, I was surprised to learn, was born into the Catholic faith with which she became disenchanted and became an atheist. After nearly four decades as an atheist, Anne returned to Catholicism. She explains in this book that Angel Time is a tribute to this journey.
And that’s how I came to be interested in it.
Now on the book itself:
I enjoyed the story of the much conflicted and afflicted Toby O’Dare (aka Lucky the Fox) among others.
Toby came from a child headed home and had a passion for music (playing the lute), ancient books and cities.
Through a series of events he ends up being an prized assassin in the employ of The Right Man.
The whole story is actually quite gripping. Once you begin you simply have to finish although I have to confess that the MC’s elaborate descriptions of buildings and flowers, etc in the beginning I found to be a tad bit much for me. 
But that was made up for by Malachiah’s the angel’s voice. 
Oh I loved Malachiah and his soft spoken ways, his charisma and compassion.
I also loved the way Anne Rice manages to create a really interesting story of a criminal who is completely lost and is in great conflict with God whom he prays to at least daily and yet does not believe in exists and mixed with it all time travel. 
Reading this book you can most certainly sense the author’s own life and struggles.
I think if you are looking for beautiful prose and creative plot, you will enjoy Angel Time.
 
Favourite lines:
There are so many really and some of them are quotes from other pieces of literature: but i think i loved this little prayer best which was the killer's favourite:\
Angel of God, my gaurdian dear,
to whom God's love commits me here,
ever this day be at my side,
to light and gaurd, to rule and guide.

RATINGS:






About the Author

Most know me as the author to Fabulosity Reads and in actual fact, that is the previous name of this blog. I have since then moved my books to a Wordpress self-hosted blog so that I can have a place to show a different side of me which I am equally passionate about and that is marketing and personal development. I hope you will love being here, watching me grow as I share and learn. My highest hope is that we will grown and learn together in all disciplines affecting our lives. I'd LUUURRRVE to hear from you, so don't be shy...

0 WORDS OF THE WISE...:

I love hearing from you....

Subscribe
Get our latest posts directly in your email inbox.

What they says

Contact information

Email: Wendy.Ewurum@fabulosityreads.com Tel: 071 087 4833 South Africa Twitter: twitter.com/FabulosityReads Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fabmarketingandpr
Proudly Powered by Blogger.
back to top