Don't forget to visit Fabulosity Reads Book Blog

Mar 14, 2014

#Amazon's New Book Review Policy Concerning ARCs and Paid Reviews

Posted by Wendy Ewurum  |  at  10:34 PM

In the mail thSi morning I received an email that one of my client's had copied off a thread.
I dont know the writer of the piece but I am sharing the information because it is something that I think any affected book reviewer can check out.

*I am copying email as I received it.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"JUST READ THIS OFF FACEBOOK "This is an email I received this morning: I just got off the phone with Amazon and this is what the KDP supervisor said.
IF YOU RECEIVE ARC'S OF AUTHORS BOOKS FOR REVIEW:
Please edit your review (if it's still posted. If it was removed, please repost on Amazon with the below change.)
"Any review that states it is an ARC or given by the publisher is being removed. All you need to do is change the wording to a complimentary copy or gifted copy and the review will be restored (for now)."
Please change, "ARC is provided by author/publisher for an honest review" (or something similar) to "Complimentary copy provided by author/publisher for an honest review." or "A gifted copy was provided by author/publisher for an honest review."
Do not write ARC anywhere.
More reviews are disappearing from people's profiles.
 Please change your review to these words as soon as possible.
Thank you!"

They also noted what is not permitted: 

Reviews written for any form of compensation other than a free copy of the product. This includes reviews that are a part of a paid publicity package. 

My client mentioed this because some writers might want ARC reviews: Wendy, the lines above might include your host gifts. 





About the Author

Most know me as the author to Fabulosity Reads and in actual fact, that is the previous name of this blog. I have since then moved my books to a Wordpress self-hosted blog so that I can have a place to show a different side of me which I am equally passionate about and that is marketing and personal development. I hope you will love being here, watching me grow as I share and learn. My highest hope is that we will grown and learn together in all disciplines affecting our lives. I'd LUUURRRVE to hear from you, so don't be shy...

0 WORDS OF THE WISE...:

I love hearing from you....

Subscribe
Get our latest posts directly in your email inbox.

What they says

Contact information

Email: Wendy.Ewurum@fabulosityreads.com Tel: 071 087 4833 South Africa Twitter: twitter.com/FabulosityReads Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fabmarketingandpr
Proudly Powered by Blogger.
back to top