Don't forget to visit Fabulosity Reads Book Blog

Mar 21, 2014

Today is Theme Reveal for the 2014 A to Z April Challenge: #atozchallenge

Posted by Wendy Ewurum  |  at  9:43 PM


If you’ have not heard of this challenge, first of all it is one very awesome way to promote your blog. To participate you have to, every day in April, blog on a topic related to a letter in the alphabet. 
No blogging on Sunday (sorry) so that leaves exactly 26 days to blog which fits the alphabet nicely.

It’s an opportunity to meet with hundreds of new bloggers, to follow them and have them follow you.
I have only attended one other such event, and that was with the launch of the challenge in 2011. Since then it has evolved and gained a life of its own. 

This year there is an option to choose a theme that you will be focusing on for the duration of the tour. Or you can wing it each day by posting whatever comes  to mind as long as you can related it to the day’s corresponding letter.

I’ve thought about my theme and immediately decided that my month would focus on....drum roll.......

“promoting your blog to increase book exposure”.

The challenge came in where I had to think about my focal area. I’m sure you’d agree that promotions is so vast there is no way to fit it all in. So there will be two equal parts to my blogging,
  • Getting Your Blog Noticed On Social Media
  • Improving the efficiency and aesthetics of your blog for increased visibility

The good thing about this challenge for me is four in four goal oriented areas.
  • I know a lot of what I want to blog about but have not recorded most, at least not in a cohesive fashion and some I don’t know and therefore have to research thereby stretching my own knowledge base.
  • I have not had the time to implement a lot of it on my blog and have been saving the ideas so as I implement I will write the tutorials for you to do so as well should you wish. So it’s a mini makeover for my blog as well. 
  • I will be sharing my experience and blogging discoveries with you which is always a great thrill for me.
  • I aim to come out with a book too from this challenge or at least a good first draft of one. I am so motivated to do this, for the first time in my life it looks like a possibility.

So that is my wrap on what this challenge is about this year.

What are you getting up to in April?
Get a list of the other participants using this link, and I hope you sign up if you have not already.

About the Author

Most know me as the author to Fabulosity Reads and in actual fact, that is the previous name of this blog. I have since then moved my books to a Wordpress self-hosted blog so that I can have a place to show a different side of me which I am equally passionate about and that is marketing and personal development. I hope you will love being here, watching me grow as I share and learn. My highest hope is that we will grown and learn together in all disciplines affecting our lives. I'd LUUURRRVE to hear from you, so don't be shy...

5 comments:

  1. Fantastic A to Z theme!! I'm always looking for ways to be more "visible"!! ~ Angela, A to Z participant from Web Writing Advice and Whole Foods Living

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get through your own personal challenge for A-Z and have a book by the end of the month. Good luck!

    CarolynBrown-Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Wendy!
    There will be tons of valuable info here at your place during the A to Z!
    My theme is also books... but with a twist...

    My theme is “If Books Could Speak, What Would They Say” and is guaranteed to be LOTS OF FUN! It is interactive, and bloggers are invited to play along!
    See you around on the A to Z circuit!

    Writer In Transit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was on you blog and saw the theme Michelle and its such a fun theme. I am heading over now.

      Delete

I love hearing from you....

Subscribe
Get our latest posts directly in your email inbox.

What they says

Contact information

Email: Wendy.Ewurum@fabulosityreads.com Tel: 071 087 4833 South Africa Twitter: twitter.com/FabulosityReads Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fabmarketingandpr
Proudly Powered by Blogger.
back to top