Don't forget to visit Fabulosity Reads Book Blog

Mar 6, 2014

Why Blog? 4 Great Blogging Tips by @DonnaFaz : Hints & Tips

Posted by Wendy Ewurum  |  at  2:06 AM

Today ladies and gentlemen we are in the company of the illustrious, USA Today best selling author, Donna Fasano. 
Donna's post is just up my alley. I love blog articles that teach me something vital about improving blogging. My blog is important to me as most of you may be aware. It is my own personal woman cave and as such I am always looking for what to do to make it better.

Dona has some great pointers to that effect today.
Enjoy and learn!!!

NOTE! Donna's featured book on the HOP:  Merry-Go Round will be $1.99 ONLY on all venues: Kindle, Nook, Kobo, iBooks throughout the 4 day hop.



Why Blog? 4 Great Blogging Tips


Image of Donna Fasano

Just off the top of my head, here are a few reasons authors should blog. Blogging drives traffic to your website, and those extra visits have the potential of turning into book sales and maybe even new fans. Blogging helps establish you as a writer with talent and offers you a chance to inspire others. A blog gives you a platform; from recommending books to readers or giving writing or marketing instruction to your fellow authors, to offering sage advice on life or revealing your favorite recipes, a blog gives you the opportunity to talk about any subject you enjoy. Blogging is fun, it's free, and you won't believe how much you'll relish each positive comment your posts receive.

1. Offer Fun, Interesting Content

Your blog posts offer you a prime opportunity to shine, so write witty, write fun, write entertaining. Your blog posts should spark some sort of emotion in your reader. Make 'em happy. Make 'em sad. Make 'em think.

2. Ask For Comments

When you visit other websites and see lots of comments, what do you think? This site is popular! And that's exactly the opinion you want visitors to have about your site. So don't be shy about asking visitors to leave a comment.

3. Respond To Comments

If visitors take the time to comment, you should be a good host and respond. This isn't difficult. Click the setting on your blog so that you're alerted by e-mail every time someone comments.

4. Leave Comments On Other Blogs

Comment boxes usually offer a chance to add the URL of your blog as part of the comment process. DO THIS! You never know who might happen along, read your witty comment, and enjoy it so much they click through to your blog.

Oh, and here's #5! (Think of it as New Math.)

Always end each blog post with a question. This practice, above all others, encourages your visitors to offer you their opinion on the blog subject. And who knows? You just might learn something new.

There you have it, my opinion on why blogging is important and four (okay, five) quick tips for blogging success. What practices have you found that have made your blog a success?





USA TODAY BESTSELLING AUTHOR! 

"...an utterly charming romantic comedy...told with humor and honesty..." ~Karen McQuestion, Author of A Scattered Life, Easily Amused, and The Long Way Home

When Lauren divorces her husband, she has one thought on her mind...stepping off the merry-go-round. However, her life quickly turns into a three-ring circus: her hypochondriac father moves in, her ex is using her shower when she's not home, and her perky assistant is pushing her out into the fearsome dating world. She also has to decide if the dilapidated barn and vintage merry-go-round she's awarded in the divorce settlement is a blessing or a bane. As if Lauren's personal life isn't chaotic enough, this slightly jaded attorney is overrun with a cast of quirky characters who can't stay on the right side of the law. What's a woman to do? She can allow life to spin her in circles forever. Or she can reach out and grab the brass ring.





USA TODAY BESTSELLING AUTHOR DONNA FASANO is a three time winner of the HOLT Medallion, a CataRomance Reviewers Choice Award winner for Best Single Title, a Desert Rose Golden Quill Award finalist, and a Golden Heart finalist. Her books have sold nearly 4 million copies worldwide and have been published in nearly two dozen languages. Her books have made the Kindle Top 100 Paid List numerous times, climbing as high as #9.

Visit her blog at www.DonnaFasano.com where you can sign up for e-mail updates and be the first to hear about new releases.

Find Donna on facebook at www.Facebook.com/DonnaFasanoAuthor. She loves to chat with readers.

Follow her on Twitter at www.Twitter.com/DonnaFaz

What others are saying about Donna's books:

"...complex, funny, and realistic..." ~Wilmington News Journal

"Excellent!" ~Bookreview.com

"Could not help myself from reading excerpts to my husband and friends. This book is well written, the characters are real, everyday folks. It is very easy to identify with them. Donna Fasano is a talented author." ~Elizabeth M. Caldwell on Amazon

"...a fast paced riotous look at family life today. Donna Fasano is right on target!" ~Donna Zapf, SingleTitles.com
VOTE

Connect With Donna Here:

BLOG
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
AMAZON

Thank you so much for visiting 
I hope you will drop a comment and show Donna some love.
you did well yesterday with Lorrie's post by the way. 
The shares were amazing.
Please do the same here.

 INFO ON MARCH BOOK FRENZY HOP
I gave the 8 authors featured on the hop a number of titles which I thought my visitors would be interested in and these upcoming titles can be found on the sidebar. So you can bookmark what you are interested in and pop in on the day it will be published. 

Of course if it were up to me I would have you visit all the posts just to hog your attention and have you get to know some of the most ridiculously gifted wordsmiths you will ever lay your eyes on.

By the by, if you have not done so already, join us for 4 days of undeniable fun....and you may just walk away with awesome books and cash in your paypal account. 

Find more details here: MARCH BOOK FRENZY









About the Author

Most know me as the author to Fabulosity Reads and in actual fact, that is the previous name of this blog. I have since then moved my books to a Wordpress self-hosted blog so that I can have a place to show a different side of me which I am equally passionate about and that is marketing and personal development. I hope you will love being here, watching me grow as I share and learn. My highest hope is that we will grown and learn together in all disciplines affecting our lives. I'd LUUURRRVE to hear from you, so don't be shy...

9 comments:

  1. Great article, Donna! Makes a lot of sense. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Golly! I really need to get a handle on blogging. Thanks, Donna for the insight and encouragement.
    http://jackieweger.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all great tips. I'm happy to see you included comment reciprocation which I think is essential. But it doesn't always happen if the person doesn't know you. I think another good tip is to use Commentluv. This leaves the name and a link to your latest blog post at the bottom of the comment you have made. It's great for getting reciprocal comments. Share the love I say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A.K I;ve been thinking about adding comment love but so terrified at messing things come. I tried to add disqus i think at some point and things went horrible wrong. I suppose i just have to give it another go because all your reasons for it are very sound.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna, thanks for the encouragement to get back at blogging. Your list is straightforward and makes me see that it's easy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great advice. I think asking a question is a really good tip, as it encourages people to post a comment in reply. It's always nice to hear back frrom a blogger and know she/he has taken the time to read comments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed this article, thank you for sharing it Donna! I always seem to forget to end my posts with a question so thank you also for the reminder! I find that my readers respond best to author tips (always be helpful!) as well as to posts where I share inspiring accounts from my personal life. I'll never forget a series of thank you tweets that came from a young girl - a cancer survivor - after reading a post of mine about facing difficulty in life and yet finding the strength to greet a new day with gratitude. So yeah, anything that rings true, inspires or helps someone else, to me is the most successful post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a blog but I don't really promote it, although its there and I update it, and I like blogging quite a lot. Food for thought, Donna.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you....

Subscribe
Get our latest posts directly in your email inbox.

What they says

Contact information

Email: Wendy.Ewurum@fabulosityreads.com Tel: 071 087 4833 South Africa Twitter: twitter.com/FabulosityReads Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fabmarketingandpr
Proudly Powered by Blogger.
back to top