Don't forget to visit Fabulosity Reads Book Blog

Mar 20, 2014

Writing: A Form Of Personal Therapy By Donna Fasano

Posted by Wendy Ewurum  |  at  2:30 AM

I really enjoyed reading this article by Donna and I believe so will other readers as they get a glimpse into this bestselling author's life. 

NOTE! Donna's featured book on the HOP:  Merry-Go Round will be $1.99 ONLY on all venues: Kindle, Nook, Kobo, iBooks throughout the 4 day hop.



Writing: A Form Of Personal Therapy 



Image of Donna FasanoI can’t tell you how many times over the course of my 20-plus year career as a published romance author I have been asked, “When are you going to write a real book? You know, a [insert genre of choice: mystery, historical, thriller, etc].” So I’d like to take this opportunity to tell readers why I write romance novels.

I suffered a lot of tragedy while I was growing up, the worst of which was the death of my mother just as I was entering my teens. I felt as though I went from 13 to 35 overnight, and when my friends were off having fun, I was cooking and cleaning and helping my little brother with his homework. Romance novels were an escape for me. The Wolf and the Dove, The Far Pavilions, Whitney My Love, Rebecca, The Thorne Birds…if the book featured one man and one woman falling in love, I read it! Romance novels offered me hope for a happy future filled with love (hokey, maybe, but I was a naïve teen). As a young wife and mother, I discovered Silhouette Romance Novels. These books were short and sweet and uplifting. Each and every story put a smile on my face, and the happily-ever-after endings always boosted my spirits. Are romance novels real? No. Does every real-life relationship end in HEA? Of course not. But if I wanted doom and gloom, I’d watch the evening news.

As an author, I can’t think of a better way to use my talent than to bring pure enjoyment to my readers. I tell people that I write cotton candy for the mind. Think about that. When you were a kid and you put a small cloud of that wispy confection on your tongue, what did you do? You smiled. And maybe you even laughed. That’s the reaction I’m going for with my short, upbeat stories. That’s why I write romance novels. So if you’re looking to get lost for a few hours in a fun, cheery story, I hope you’ll try one of my books.
~ ~ ~




USA TODAY BESTSELLING AUTHOR! 

"...an utterly charming romantic comedy...told with humor and honesty..." ~Karen McQuestion, Author of A Scattered Life, Easily Amused, and The Long Way Home

When Lauren divorces her husband, she has one thought on her mind...stepping off the merry-go-round. However, her life quickly turns into a three-ring circus: her hypochondriac father moves in, her ex is using her shower when she's not home, and her perky assistant is pushing her out into the fearsome dating world. She also has to decide if the dilapidated barn and vintage merry-go-round she's awarded in the divorce settlement is a blessing or a bane. As if Lauren's personal life isn't chaotic enough, this slightly jaded attorney is overrun with a cast of quirky characters who can't stay on the right side of the law. What's a woman to do? She can allow life to spin her in circles forever. Or she can reach out and grab the brass ring.




USA TODAY BESTSELLING AUTHOR DONNA FASANO is a three time winner of the HOLT Medallion, a CataRomance Reviewers Choice Award winner for Best Single Title, a Desert Rose Golden Quill Award finalist, and a Golden Heart finalist. Her books have sold nearly 4 million copies worldwide and have been published in nearly two dozen languages. Her books have made the Kindle Top 100 Paid List numerous times, climbing as high as #9.

Visit her blog at www.DonnaFasano.com where you can sign up for e-mail updates and be the first to hear about new releases.

Find Donna on facebook at www.Facebook.com/DonnaFasanoAuthor. She loves to chat with readers.

Follow her on Twitter at www.Twitter.com/DonnaFaz

What others are saying about Donna's books:

"...complex, funny, and realistic..." ~Wilmington News Journal

"Excellent!" ~Bookreview.com

"Could not help myself from reading excerpts to my husband and friends. This book is well written, the characters are real, everyday folks. It is very easy to identify with them. Donna Fasano is a talented author." ~Elizabeth M. Caldwell on Amazon

"...a fast paced riotous look at family life today. Donna Fasano is right on target!" ~Donna Zapf, SingleTitles.com

Connect With Donna Here:

BLOG
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
AMAZON


Thank you so much for visiting 
I hope you will drop a comment and show Lorrie some love.
Don't forget to follow via GFC above, and I will do the same.

 INFO ON MARCH BOOK FRENZY HOP
By the by, if you have not done so already, join us for 4 days of undeniable fun....and you may just walk away with awesome books and cash in your paypal account. 

Find more details here: MARCH BOOK FRENZY









About the Author

Most know me as the author to Fabulosity Reads and in actual fact, that is the previous name of this blog. I have since then moved my books to a Wordpress self-hosted blog so that I can have a place to show a different side of me which I am equally passionate about and that is marketing and personal development. I hope you will love being here, watching me grow as I share and learn. My highest hope is that we will grown and learn together in all disciplines affecting our lives. I'd LUUURRRVE to hear from you, so don't be shy...

3 comments:

  1. Donna, what a great explanation of how you became a romance writer! Writing a story that gives a reader a pleasurable escape is such a worthwhile endeavor. The Merry-Go-Round sounds like the perfect read for me as I wait for spring to really chase the winter blues away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hear, hear, Donna! Perfectly said! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fascinating post, Donna. Brining enjoyment to readers is what it's all about.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you....

Subscribe
Get our latest posts directly in your email inbox.

What they says

Contact information

Email: Wendy.Ewurum@fabulosityreads.com Tel: 071 087 4833 South Africa Twitter: twitter.com/FabulosityReads Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fabmarketingandpr
Proudly Powered by Blogger.
back to top