Don't forget to visit Fabulosity Reads Book Blog

Apr 28, 2014

Review: Crave by JR Ward

Posted by Wendy Ewurum  |  at  3:15 PM



READ SAMPLE ON AMAZON

Genres:

Paranormal:
Romance
Suspence

Themes:

Vampires, Angels
Demons, Afterlife
Friendship
Government Agencies

Book Blurb


Seven deadly sins. Seven souls that must be saved. One more no-holds- barred battle between a fallen angel with a hardened heart and a demon with everything to lose. 
Isaac Rothe is a black ops soldier with a dark past and a grim future. The
target of an assassin, he finds himself behind bars, his fate in the hands of his gorgeous public defender Grier Childe. His hot attraction to her can only lead to trouble-and that's before Jim Heron tells him his soul is in danger. Caught up in a wicked game with the demon who shadows Jim, Isaac must decide
whether the soldier in him can believe that true love is the ultimate weapon against evil.

My Review


I adore JR Ward's books. As do most of those who enjoy vampire fiction.
Her story telling is unique, gripping, humorous and often leaves you with a hangover, with great anticipation for the next book.

I'm quite sad really to say that Crave just didn't add to that for me. And even sadder is that the first book in this series, Covet, was by far my most favourite of her books. I liked it even more than I did most of the books in the Blackdagger Brotherhood series. So you can imagine how eagerly I have been waiting for the follow up to it.

Overall the story was good. I loved the chemistry and brewing love between Isaac and his gorgeous public defender. In fact I loved her dead brother's ghostly self too.

What I did not love were the hero's in this story. I just found the angels trying too hard at sarcasm and wit with their dialogue and too "in your face cool" in personalities. Almost like I was watching slapstick comedy peppered with a whole lot of cliches.

I think there was also a fair bit of filling up and dragging. The paperback is 454 pages and I fewer pages would have been a huge improvement.

But more than anything...what irked me most was the undefinable ending. Even in a series I am used to her stories having a definite conclusion. Closure on a matter while leaving room to move on to the next. I didn't get that here and it seems our hero failed in his duty which is really not why I  pick up a JR Ward novel.

Jim, the hero has a victim (a sacrificed virgin) going through inhuman punishment in a cell in hell. I am curious enough about her and how he will accomplish freeing her, to want to buy the next book.

I also love JR Ward's writing enough to say this was an odd one out and will not let it affect future reading of her books.


 





  • You can also get your copy at my online book store: Fabulosity Shops Online
  • Book Source: This was a personal purchase, there was no review request by the author.
  • If you're interested reading more of my reviews then click HERE.


About the Author

Most know me as the author to Fabulosity Reads and in actual fact, that is the previous name of this blog. I have since then moved my books to a Wordpress self-hosted blog so that I can have a place to show a different side of me which I am equally passionate about and that is marketing and personal development. I hope you will love being here, watching me grow as I share and learn. My highest hope is that we will grown and learn together in all disciplines affecting our lives. I'd LUUURRRVE to hear from you, so don't be shy...

0 WORDS OF THE WISE...:

I love hearing from you....

Subscribe
Get our latest posts directly in your email inbox.

What they says

Contact information

Email: Wendy.Ewurum@fabulosityreads.com Tel: 071 087 4833 South Africa Twitter: twitter.com/FabulosityReads Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fabmarketingandpr
Proudly Powered by Blogger.
back to top