Don't forget to visit Fabulosity Reads Book Blog

May 12, 2014

Book #Review: In the Dead of the Night (Unbridged) by Hunter Welles

Posted by Wendy Ewurum  |  at  2:18 PM



Genres:

Romance
Suspence



Book Blurb


Allan Thompson arrives in Waco, Texas for a mission of utmost importance--protect a terrorist's mistress from being the next victim on his hit list. But when the mission goes down wrong, Jenny Brant is nearly killed and Allan begins a new mission--protect her at all costs--as her faux husband until she can regain her memories. 

Everything about the mission seems wrong--all starting with one Jenny Brant who doesn't fit the profile of the kind of woman Wilson usually hooks up with. Allan and his team must protect her, but at what cost to his own sanity or his heart? 

Jenny Brant begins to regain her memories, but when she learns she has a huge inheritance that Wilson wants by marrying her, and the agent Allan Thompson will marry her instead to secret her money away with the Agency's protection, she still can't remember why she would have been a killer's main squeeze. Then Wilson's thugs try to return her to him, she becomes less sure of who the good guys are and who she truly is. 

The only thing she knows for certain--if someone doesn't take down Wilson, her life is forfeit.

My Review

The Story

I haven't read such a novel in a long time and I found reading a "real romance" both enjoyable and refreshing. It's such a feel-good story with one female suffering loss of memory in the midst of a number of brawny protective male agent. Throw in a demented terrorist intent on getting his hands on her and you have a real case of a damsel in distress, who by the way turns out to not be such a damsel after all.

There is just the right amount of suspense plenty of chemistry and comaraderie with the characters to keep you hooked. I couldn't wait for the kids to clear the room so I could listen to be honest. 
If you are wondering why the room had to be cleared, well there is some adult content covered which is very very sexy indeed plus a steamy scene or two. 

Good story. Good Suspense factor. Great action.

 The audio

This was an audio book I received in return for an honest review.
This was is read by a narrated by a lady with a lovely voice, Hunter Wallace and I loved her voice changes for most of the characters. The voice for the male MC though was a little irritating to me and unfortunately he is the most predominant voice.. 

It sort of sounds like a male teen whose going through a voice change and is acting it up..

Book Cover

Gorgeous. I love the redhead beauty who exudes a certain strength and yet still remains feminine.
The male is inspires confidence looking capable of taking care of business and his lady. 
I also loved the colours of the cover, the raging sky and sea works well to hint at the love in the midst of turmoil.



 


  • You can also get your copy at my online book store: Fabulosity Shops Online
  • Book Source: This was a personal purchase, there was no review request by the author.
  • If you're interested reading more of my reviews then click HERE.

About the Author

Most know me as the author to Fabulosity Reads and in actual fact, that is the previous name of this blog. I have since then moved my books to a Wordpress self-hosted blog so that I can have a place to show a different side of me which I am equally passionate about and that is marketing and personal development. I hope you will love being here, watching me grow as I share and learn. My highest hope is that we will grown and learn together in all disciplines affecting our lives. I'd LUUURRRVE to hear from you, so don't be shy...

0 WORDS OF THE WISE...:

I love hearing from you....

Subscribe
Get our latest posts directly in your email inbox.

What they says

Contact information

Email: Wendy.Ewurum@fabulosityreads.com Tel: 071 087 4833 South Africa Twitter: twitter.com/FabulosityReads Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fabmarketingandpr
Proudly Powered by Blogger.
back to top