Get rid of swelling by eating the foods listed below…
- Salmon — No food is more effective at treating swelling than salmon, thanks mostly to the Omega-3 fatty acids the fish contains. These fatty acids are anti-inflammatory, meaning they will fight swelling and reduce inflammation in the body.
- Nuts – All nuts are rich in fatty acids, but there are a few that are loaded with Omega-3 fatty acids. Walnuts and almonds are two of the best nuts to eat to fight swelling, and with a handful or two of nuts per day, you can reduce edemas.
- Olive Oil – In olive oil, there are certain compounds that are known to fight inflammation in the body. Adding a bit of olive oil to your diet (used cold, never heated) is a good way to provide your body with the anti-inflammatory nutrients it needs.
- Coconut Oil – Coconut oil contains fatty acids similar to Omega-3, and you’ll find that a bit of coconut oil is a good tool to help you fight edemas and swelling.
- Bananas – Bananas are an excellent anti-edema food, as they drain water from your muscles. Considering that the edemas are likely caused by excess sodium consumption, balancing out the intake of sodium with potassium is a good way to prevent and combat swelling.
- Sweet Potatoes – Another potassium-rich food, sweet potatoes are also an excellent source of Vitamin A. They’re one of the best foods to eat to improve organ health while combatting edema and swelling.
- Apricots – Loaded with the swelling-reducing mineral potassium, apricots are one of the best things to eat to combat your edemas.
- Dandelion Tea – Dandelion tea is excellent at helping to reduce edemas, as the tea is rich in vitamins and minerals that will fight swelling.
What to AVOID
- Fatty/Fried Foods
- Artificial ingredients
- High-sodium foods