Don't forget to visit Fabulosity Reads Book Blog

Aug 12, 2014

Robin Williams has passed (RIP): I cannot believe it (#BreakingNews)

Posted by Wendy Ewurum  |  at  3:15 AM

Robin Williams Dead Poets Society

My heart skipped a beat when I saw a post to this effect on Facebook and I just had to share my heartfelt condolences and say how incredibly sad I am to hear of it,.
Are we getting to that stage in life where all bigger than life people (or so we thought) seem to suddenly appear all too human.
Thsis year started with the tragic passing of Nelson Mandela (my former president) than Maya Angelo, an icon that gave me the love and appreciation I have for poetry and now Robin Williams whose movies I grew up on and now enjoy with my children.
I pray that he, too, like the greats he has joined will Rest In Peace.
I cannot remember a time when I heard of him being controversial or demanding, but always peace loving and could be depended upon to bring laughter and hope to millions of homes and hearts. Therefore, I think this poem by BY EMILY DICKINSON is quite fitting to honour him:
“Hope” is the thing with feathers -
That perches in the soul -
And sings the tune without the words -
And never stops - at all -
And sweetest - in the Gale - is heard -
And sore must be the storm -
That could abash the little Bird
That kept so many warm -
I’ve heard it in the chillest land -
And on the strangest Sea -
Yet - never - in Extremity,
It asked a crumb - of me.
Reports on Robin Williams:

About the Author

Most know me as the author to Fabulosity Reads and in actual fact, that is the previous name of this blog. I have since then moved my books to a Wordpress self-hosted blog so that I can have a place to show a different side of me which I am equally passionate about and that is marketing and personal development. I hope you will love being here, watching me grow as I share and learn. My highest hope is that we will grown and learn together in all disciplines affecting our lives. I'd LUUURRRVE to hear from you, so don't be shy...

0 WORDS OF THE WISE...:

I love hearing from you....

Subscribe
Get our latest posts directly in your email inbox.

What they says

Contact information

Email: Wendy.Ewurum@fabulosityreads.com Tel: 071 087 4833 South Africa Twitter: twitter.com/FabulosityReads Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fabmarketingandpr
Proudly Powered by Blogger.
back to top