Don't forget to visit Fabulosity Reads Book Blog

Aug 11, 2014

The Tragedy of #Gaza's Children: What are we doing?!!! @DCIPalestine

Posted by Wendy Ewurum  |  at  7:33 PM

Warning: Graphic Images and video

Gaza war I have been listening to reports about the war on Gaza, but it was not until last Thursday that sat down and watch a full CNN report and wept.


As a parent, I could not bear to see what is happening to the children of Gaza in this whole tragedy. There should be an uproar over what is going on but as far as I can see there is an eerie silence from the international world. How can the world powers not be in a position to help the people of Gaza when they can interfere willy nilly everywhere else?

It is hard to not criticize the Israel's strategy at this point because even to someone who is as clueless about global politics as I am, even I can tell that there is something beyond tragic and inhumane about what is happening in that region.

Reporter Charlotte Silver said:
During the nearly month-long military offensive on #Gaza prior to the short ceasefire, Israel killed 448 children and injured 2,502, according to United Nations’ estimates. As of 8 August, the death toll in Gaza had reached 1,922.

Those stats are shocking don't you think? I saw a father holding his little girl and he looked as confused and lost as his little 4 year old as he sat in the rubble of what used to be home where he had lost the rest of his children and wife only a few days before.

In another report when schools were still operating a mother was asked how they cope with sending their children to school and she said the fear of never knowing whether they will come home is the worst of it all.
And now to know that your kids are not safe, whether they are playing in the yard or watching television is just too much.

Dangers for pregnant women
Link: Read more
The situation for pregnant women is particularly dire. Out of the estimated forty-six thousand pregnant women in Gaza, ten thousand are displaced. The Palestinian Ministry of Health reports that 160 deliveries take place each day. The Israeli assault has caused a marked increase in premature births:
Women are giving birth under increasingly difficult conditions. Maternity clinics have been closed, as are a number of private maternity centers. Other facilities are overstrained. In some, maternity beds are being used to serve the wounded. Shifa Hospital has reported a 15 to 20 per cent increase in premature births, which are linked to the stress of hostilities. Home deliveries are reportedly on the rise, increasing the risks for women and their babies.

The UN estimates that around 373,000 children are in need of immediate psychosocial support, observing that surviving children are “showing symptoms of increasing distress, including bed wetting, clinging to parents and nightmares.”

Outside of praying for Gaza's people I don't know what to do. I can only keep believing in God's omnipotence and ask for His intervention and that world leaders will act on behalf of these people.

In the meantime, I am looking into organizations  to support with whatever I can financially to help the people of Gaza.

What do you think about this situation and what can we do?

The factual parts of this post I got from: http://electronicintifada.net/

Where to donate:
http://www.unrwa.org/donate
http://www.dci-palestine.org/



About the Author

Most know me as the author to Fabulosity Reads and in actual fact, that is the previous name of this blog. I have since then moved my books to a Wordpress self-hosted blog so that I can have a place to show a different side of me which I am equally passionate about and that is marketing and personal development. I hope you will love being here, watching me grow as I share and learn. My highest hope is that we will grown and learn together in all disciplines affecting our lives. I'd LUUURRRVE to hear from you, so don't be shy...

0 WORDS OF THE WISE...:

I love hearing from you....

Subscribe
Get our latest posts directly in your email inbox.

What they says

Contact information

Email: Wendy.Ewurum@fabulosityreads.com Tel: 071 087 4833 South Africa Twitter: twitter.com/FabulosityReads Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fabmarketingandpr
Proudly Powered by Blogger.
back to top